Not many will understand this one

Yes, so sad.
Yeah. About the only thing they make anymore that's worth driving. A few years ago just before i finally hung my shield for good at the rental joint, we had a really nice high end customer who'm was a regular and we always saved the nicer cars for. One day, we got in a Challenger RT. He came in and we told him we had a nice Challenger for him. He looked a little disappointed and asked if we had something different. I then said "but it's an RT with the larger Hemi". His eyes lit up. Kiddingly said "well ok". He went out to the lot like a kid on Christmas AM. Last we saw him he was leaving the airport lot, rear tires lit up and car sideways as he waved bye with a huge grin.

No Challenger? No Charger? That's not what I heard. I read Stellantis whatever that is was dropping the Nopar Hemi's & the cars would continue in production in turbo charged 6 cylinder engines. Copying Ford again. But it might be what they need to do to sell the car in the future. The newest Mustang just had a makeover & some people were surprised to see a V8 engine option. Things are changing fast. They might be the last V8 Mustangs produced from a factory. Hope not.

Charger and Challenger are not dead. Nor are they going all electric.

And no, there was never a ‘58 Ford that came with a 427. Ever. I mean, there’s making stuff up and then there’s that🤣

And no, there was never a ‘58 Ford that came with a 427. Ever. I mean, there’s making stuff up and then there’s that🤣

No more v8's replaced by electric and I believe a v6 which might be a turbo get your 2023 model while you can.

I assure you sir, I am no story teller or liar. I was only a few years old when I saw this car & I'm not exactly sure of the year. Definately was a State Patrol car & definitely was 427 engine. Could be a 60-61 model not sure. My aunt that sold the car is in her mid 70's, I'll talk to her & see if she remembers what year the car was & why they even owned it with such a large engine.
I did not say Chargers were going elec, I said they were going 6 cyl. Too bad.

So I went back & did a little research. 427 came in the Galaxy 500 1963. This is probably the car that I saw in my Grandma's garage. At the time I would have been 6 years old. So forgive me for getting the make of the car & year wrong. Hard to remember stuff when you are 6 years old. LOL

So I went back & did a little research. 427 came in the Galaxy 500 1963. This is probably the car that I saw in my Grandma's garage. At the time I would have been 6 years old. So forgive me for getting the make of the car & year wrong. Hard to remember stuff when you are 6 years old. LOL
Ha, I was just about to post back to you that it was most likely a 1963 first year it was put in a car. However Ford did in 1958 produce a 427 but it did not go into cars went into trucks and buses.

I went to Larry's original post to recall what started this thread but the pic is gone. Maybe that's the issue with this thread, lol.

I always thought we are a group of friends here. Am I wrong? I sure hope not. I realize there's a sense of anonymity because this is a forum but we kinda see one another everyday through words and emotions. Is it possible we can strive to be more kindhearted and less contentious when expressing our viewpoint?

Well… I’d venture that darned near every one of these pieces of Detroit iron are rusting away so this might be one of the biggest exercises of ”Breast beating“ to no ridiculous (toilet flushing sound effect) end ever posted on this forum.
Now, had I converted my 1968 diamond blue Lincoln Continental “Limousine“ into a monster grill/smoker in the engine ”vault” with a center “four top dining area“ in the cabin and massive cooler in the (5 body+ golf clubs) trunk. This might be interesting, To be honest, for me this has become a reason to take a nap! I’m out on this one fellas.

You are incorrect sir see my post above. Nobody is making anything up not in a car but they did make one.
This is stuff that REALLY chaps my rear….not to be rude.

Please, for the love of god, do not “correct” me with bad information. I assure you, in all likelihood, I’ve probably forgotten more random old car info and trivia than the average bear. And I’m far from an expert….I live and breathe this stuff and have absorbed it daily since the ‘90’s when I was coming into my teens.

The 427 DID NOT debut in 1958. Again, ford DID NOT make a 427 in 1958, nor 1960, nor 1962. In 1962 and 1963, the top engine was a 406, which mid year 1963 grew to the 427. It actually displaced a little over 425 cubic inches.

The FE series (of which the 427 is a part of) did indeed debut in 1958. It debuted as a 332, then to 352, 361 and ultimately grew to the more common and known 390 and 427.

Just because you read an article doing a quick search on Google doesn’t mean the info is accurate. All due respect.

As for Challenger and Charger, there will be an all-electric line with the old Fratzog emblem, and the twin turbo inline 6 versions will have the dual slashes that Dodge has been using since about 2012 roughly. 👍

I went to Larry's original post to recall what started this thread but the pic is gone. Maybe that's the issue with this thread, lol.

I always thought we are a group of friends here. Am I wrong? I sure hope not. I realize there's a sense of anonymity because this is a forum but we kinda see one another everyday through words and emotions. Is it possible we can strive to be more kindhearted and less contentious when expressing our viewpoint?
Fletch. We’re having a conversation. Can men no longer have a conversation without someone telling them to be nice??

I don’t think anyone is heated. Im not. We’re exchanging information and correcting some bad info.

Let’s save the clouds and rainbows nice guy stuff for….well hell I don’t know where. Again, all due respect, feel free to chime in but the kindness act doesn’t work.

That’s two posts you’ve felt the need to try to insert yourself in and not by joining the discussion. It’s ok, we’re all big boys here.

My god

As for Challenger and Charger, there will be an all-electric line with the old Fratzog emblem, and the twin turbo inline 6 versions will have the dual slashes that Dodge has been using since about 2012 roughly. 👍
I call that dead.

Haha touché! I’m on the hunt for a slant 6 ‘70 Challenger.

When I got my Challenger, I had the pick between two for the same price; a rusty 318/auto Sublime car with full interior, and a solid slant 6/manual purple car with no interior. I picked the green ca, because V8 and I LOVE Sublime.

However, if that other was a factory slant 6 Plum Crazy car, the rarity is off the charts. Guys that know will walk right past Hemi cars to see such a creature. Alas, it went to Denver.

I just love cars of all makes and types. If you saw this magazine 32656FA9-6BCE-471E-85FC-CF94C99EDAE4.jpegfrom 1997 that’s my blue truck I built. 383 tweaked from an old 70 RR I had.

I call that dead.
Are you sure about that Larry? My wife's 2019 F150 4x4 has a twin turbo V6 that easily smokes so called Dodge Lam 6.4 Hemi powered trucks. They can't even stay close. Who knows the new cars could even be faster. Time will tell. And even though its a V6 its no less capable than a V8 truck. besides the power wars are moving from the cars to the truck lines. That is where it will play in the future.
Plus I have enjoyed all you guys post & opinions. No hard feelings on my part.
I just want my 427 cami back out on the track. LOL Who knew Bill France had all that power.

Back