Not many will understand this one

I'm 41 and only know what it is because of my mother. Back when I was younger and watching LA Kings games with my dad, commercials would come on for great western bank and Dennis Weaver was the spokesman. My mother told me me all about it and how I should never piss off a trucker. Many years later I finally watched the movie. It's probably been about 25 years, maybe I'll give it another look. Especially since I don't think a decent movie has been made in about the same amount of time.

Yea the Duel, I don't know who was whimpyier: the Dodge Dart or Dennis Weaver. Typical Dodge product already needed a radiator hose & the car only had 5000 miles on it. I know we just watched the movie in the last month or so.
Come on we can do better than that. How bout Steve McQueen in a hot rod green Ford Mustang?! I can see it Steve gets PO'd at this truck, runs the truck off the road early in the movie & then movie over. Just like he did to that Dodge Charger. When push came to shove that's the way it happens. Oh well that's my version of the movie. LOL

I had a Valiant but it was blue. 3 speed on the column. It was a great car. The epitome of basic.
Ha Ha. Yup... I had a 67 Dart with three on the tree (light metallic green). It had the smaller 170 Slant Six (easy to spot by the very short bypass hose at the front of the engine). It was also a pretty basic car - rubber floor mat (no carpeting), vinyl bench seat, manual steer, manual brakes, and radio delete. Of course no AC. The car had fairly low gears in the rear end so even with the small engine it was quite peppy and fun to drive. Well, until you hit the highway. Then those gears back there caused the little slant to turn pretty fast. It would go 65 but I didn't like pushing it past 50-55.

A Ford wouldn’t run long enough to back down the driveway, let alone hop on the highway to get into said chase….
Say what dude? You need to bring up a movie called Bullet, supposedly the greatest car chase scene ever filmed.
Steve McQueen cool in the Mustang. Two rednecks in a Charger. Well, all I can say is that he took care of those old boys.
BTW Ford Mustang started production in 1964, still in production today 2023.
Now how many years did the Dodge Valant last, not long who cares.
Oh if you like slow boring cars Ford also made a straight 6 cylinder Mustang too.

Well the Stang won that in the twisties IMO. I always wondered how the guys in a 2.5 ton Charger thought they were going to out maneuver a GT350 Stang. Only place the charger would be able to take care of business is on the straights. (assuming it had say the 440). No way a small bolck gonna catch that 440 on a long straight. Of course this is assuming the stang had a small block. The standard GT350 did have a 289. Good little engine. But not up to the pavement pounding big block Mopar :D

Back