New Year's Day?

Gray and absolutely dismal here, raining, dull. Happy to not need to go anywhere.
We're supposed to get snow this afternoon and tonight. Carryout subs for dinner; I have to pick them up at 4 so hopefully the snow holds off until I get home. In the meantime, today's menu features bismuth subsalicylate and acetylsalicylic acid.;)

Last edited:
Just started snowing here, supposed to get 4-8".
Temps are gonna drop like Marks^ the next few days.

Six inches of snow on the ground, cold as the dickens, gray overcast skies, and a nice big ol’ rib roast in the refrigerator ready to go on the Mastertouch in a couple of hours. So all in all, not bad.

Rainy and 60 degrees outside our nation's capital. Feet up, game on. Enjoying my new socks.

1641062423516.jpeg

DH is watching "The Citrus Bowl" from Tampa (barefooted and wearing shorts lol)

1641068737494.png

Last edited:
Snowed last night and windy as ...well you know and gusts up to 50 mph blowing snow so bad we have had some complete white outs. Going down to 11F tonight. But I'm going to tough it out and cook some steaks in my big cast iron pan tonight........on the stove top.
I'll have a little Jim Beam at my side to keep me warm.
Happy New Year everyone.

Temps dropping like a stone here, was 40+ this am now just under 20, wind howling and snow blowing like mad. Had to clear drive so dragged out new snow blower. Cleared whole drive plus part of the street (I clear the 100' frontage and half the street width in front so the lazy guy that drives the plow here doesn't put a huge pile in front). They used to not do that. Used to be back when it was a nice place to live the plow driver dropped the side blade in front of driveways. Not now. They actually are so bad they will plow up 7 to 10' of your front yard! Knock over mail boxes and so on.
Anyway the new blower started right up on first pull, and I had all that work done in just over 10 min! It's FAST
Did I mention I am already sick of winter? But at least we don't have lizards, giant snakes and alligators. Not to mention sinkholes that swallow homes and cars LOL

It's currently 34 deg here, from a low of 22. We got 20" of snow between Christmas and Boxing Day, and most of it is still on the ground. Temps are supposed to finally go solidly above freezing tonight, and tomorrow we get a good dose of rain — forecast is calling for 2.5" of water in the next 36 hours, but we usually get more than forecast in our little micro-climate.

It's been too cold to BBQ, even though the GrillPort (tm) I built kept all the snow off the grills. I'll BBQ at 40 deg, but at 30 I'm just not that enthused.

I'm sitting outside enjoying the breeze, it's 70 degrees, and I just saw a yellow butterfly go past. I must have died and gone to Florida. Anyway, Happy New Year to all!
Must be nice. We made it up to 33 today. Supposed to have a low tomorrow morning of 12 and a high of 37. Having some ham & pinto beans for supper. May be sitting inside and not enjoying the breeze this evening:)

Happy New Year

It's currently 34 deg here, from a low of 22. We got 20" of snow between Christmas and Boxing Day, and most of it is still on the ground. Temps are supposed to finally go solidly above freezing tonight, and tomorrow we get a good dose of rain — forecast is calling for 2.5" of water in the next 36 hours, but we usually get more than forecast in our little micro-climate.

It's been too cold to BBQ, even though the GrillPort (tm) I built kept all the snow off the grills. I'll BBQ at 40 deg, but at 30 I'm just not that enthused.
Grant, don't forget to check out the "slowcooker" thread. Perfect time to do that.

Back