New source for grates and flavorizors

I actually got a free:D set from that guy! I had previously bought the grates and a set of bars, both for the 1000, because I understood the short-lived coupon to mean you had to buy a second item. So, this time I asked to be able to review the bars for a 300 series grills, two of which I have lined up for restoration this fall. They sent me the $ to purchase but asked that I wait a week or so before posting a review since I had already bought the other stuff.

I will post a link to my review when I do it. I plan to take a couple pictures to compare the Weber OEM ones to theirs.

So Jon they do make 13 bars not in need right now but would be nice if others had the link for those.

Looks like at this point they are sticking with 5 bar grills - the Silver/Gold/Platinum, Spirit and newer Genesis 300 series. They say they are planning on more products, so I am going to recommend that to them.

I bought a set of Dave/RCP's flavorizer bars for my keeper Redhead with the Ebay coupon.

I also bought a new set of stainless flavorizer bars for the Silver A so it will have brand new ones when I list it for sale.

Anyone besides me notice Qulimetal is now a sponsor good for Chris and us. Hopefully we will see some new products from them a set of 13 bars would be nice.

There should be a TVWBB.com member discount some where in the sponsorship agreement. :)

How great would it be if they made the large grease tray at a reasonable price so its not porcelain make it out of aluminum spray it with high heat done for a lot of years.

How great would it be if they made the large grease tray at a reasonable price so its not porcelain make it out of aluminum spray it with high heat done for a lot of years.

Brian,
My Spirit 700 has the uncoated-Aluminum bottom tray.

Much prefer the Porcelain-coated tray as it's easier to clean.

Jeff

Yah, I have seen what that grease does to those aluminum drip pans. Virtually every one has small holes in them.

Anyone besides me notice Qulimetal is now a sponsor good for Chris and us. Hopefully we will see some new products from them a set of 13 bars would be nice.

QuliMetal has purchased banner ad impressions for the month of October. Their banner ad leads to their Amazon page, and purchases help support TVWBB. It's a win-win-win situation.

Thanks Chris. We all just need to remember to click that banner add when we want to order any Quilimetal products. Any chance you could work out a "TVWBB member discount" with them?

I posted my review on Amazon

I mentioned a while back that QLIMETAL paid me to buy a set of Flavorizer Bars for the 2nd generation Genesis 300 series (5 shorter, front to back bars) in exchange for doing a review on Amazon. I received them promptly in the same nice packaging as my first purchase.

k2febkw.jpg

lB37Xgo.jpg

I was impressed that the bars were individually wrapped in clear plastic slips:

QsgfWIe.jpg

These bars have a very nice quality look to them. Rounded corners, shiny clean stainless. Thicker guage than the Weber OEM original I am comparing it to in the pictures:

fT15tds.jpg

OjzhrZA.jpg

I tried the magnet test on both. The magnet stuck to the Weber OEM bar like glue:p. It fell off the QLIMETAL one.

UgIirDo.jpg

As I have mentioned before, I am no metallurgist, but it does seem to indicate that these QLIMETAL bars are made of a higher grade stainless.

In replying to the QLIMETAL representative, I put in a strong plug for adding the 13-bar classic Genesis flavorizers. I also thanked him for sponsoring a banner on our board, and I suggested discount coupons for our members:cool:!

p.s. This post done with Imgur.com linked photos.

Back