New source for grates and flavorizors

Larry,
I think your point is well taken. It kept me from buying the MIC alternatives for all three of my kettles. And, I haven’t regretted the extra money I spent on Mark Baron “KillaGrilla”. I know, too, that every one of you who bought a set of rc’s amazing Genesis grates feel the same way.

Because of the inventory of nice OEM cast iron grates I have accumulated, I have never shopped for Genesis grates. I agree that if I ever do Dave Santana “rc” is where I should go. I just have to be honest that this Qlimetal has narrowed the gap. It is still a definite gap, just not as wide. It does seem that Qulimetal is at least trying to offer a decent quality product, unlike a lot of China junk we are seeing. I actually feel the lesser quality Uniflasy(?) grates aren’t half bad and certainly fine for flipping. These new ones, I think, have raised the bar for flipping level grates. Most users would find them more than adequate.

Last edited:
OH yeah no argument from me there. Was just pointing out these folks need to be supported. Heck I run into the "cheap" is "neat" crowd all the time. I put lots of time care and craftsmanship into the mixers I rebuild. I take much extra care to find out what the failure points are and make modifications or use better materials to stop the failure again and than even give a full year warranty and I STILL have people who will pay nearly as much for a used one than wonder why it leaks oil or makes noises what have you. Or try to chew you down. When I am done my machines are better than what is put from the factory. But you cannot always convince people of it

Even though I started this thread I agree too. Rcplanebuyer is well deserving of our support. I wouldn't trade my grates he made for any other. If you want the very best and can afford it then you go with his stuff.

If you are flipping s grill or really can't afford the best then this looks like a grate (pun intended) alternative.

It's sort of like a super-luxury car versus a luxury car versus an appliance car. You'd likely rather have a Bentley than a Cadillac and a Cadillac rather than a Toyota, right?

What it really comes down to is what you can afford for your purposes (taking out maintenance costs) and all 3 levels of car have their rightful place in the world.

RCP is the Bentley of grill grates. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Give me the Toyota over all of them ANY day. At least it'll stay outta the shop

At least with stainless grates, the high end (rcplanebuyer) are also probably the lowest maintenance. When it comes to vehicles it is totally different; I would take a Toyota over a Bentley any day, although I am more a Honda person.

Even though I started this thread I agree too. Rcplanebuyer is well deserving of our support. I wouldn't trade my grates he made for any other. If you want the very best and can afford it then you go with his stuff.

If you are flipping s grill or really can't afford the best then this looks like a grate (pun intended) alternative.

Greg,
My sentiments exactly.

Dave (RCplanebuyer) Santana is a true Artisan of all things Weber and a super nice guy as well.

I have bought numerous items from him over the years including, Grates, Flavorizer Bars, Shelf Brackets, and most recently my custom made Burner Tubes for the Junior.
Each time I made a purchase from him his pieces have been of the highest caliber with e-mails responded to quickly., and the quickest shipping known to man.

Sure his stuff isn't cheap but what quality products are? I most certainly would pay more up front and have a lifetime product. Sadly, this is not the case in this throw-away society these days.

Jeff

Jeff I agree with you as well. As I've gotten older I always look for the higher quality longer lasting product whenever possible. Things that last a lifetime are the best. Sadly I think we are in the minority there. Most people don't care about durability even though that usually makes the most sense from a financial standpoint. They just want the cheapest product.

Larry your comment "give me a Toyota any day" made me laugh. I've said that myself many times. Car trouble is the worst and you just can't beat Toyota in that regard.

Well I got mine today like others have said really nice packaging and when I opened them up I was kind of stunned at the quality we will see how they last over the years but these are going on my redhead II project will open up a thread on before with pics this weekend. That thread will be like Jon's Skyline thread no rush done by spring it all good.

I really wish I had bought 2 sets and my offer on the used RC grates was accepted they are out of town this weekend but think I am going to pass for $29.95 for these they look like all I will ever need.

I will also confirm what others have said LOVEBBQ2 will only work once just tried it on Amazon so if you are thinking of these and do any kind of restores order 2 cause it does not appear you can use the code more than once.

Last edited:
Well I got mine today like others have said really nice packaging and when I opened them up I was kind of stunned at the quality we will see how they last over the years but these are going on my redhead II project will open up a thread on before with pics this weekend. That thread will be like Jon's Skyline thread no rush done by spring it all good.

Someday you WILL see a finished Skyline of my dreams. :blackgenesis1000: Too many tax returns this fall, but soon!

Brian, what did you get him down to on the used rcplanebuyer grates?

Very impressed with these, put them down on my new 1000 last night, they really are a nice piece.

I only wish I had purchased 2 sets because I am taking the ones I did buy to the Cape for that grill!

Anyone know if they will be offering another discount on these at some point in the future????

That would be nice!

I wish they made a set of flavorizer bars for the 1000 as well...

Right now Ebay has a 15% off coupon code (PICKSOON) that expires at 6pm today Pacific time so RC's bars for the 1000 series will come out to $62.01 (plus tax) plus free shipping. Pretty good price if you're looking for a set of bars. The code will also work for the grates but no free shipping on the grates.

Right now Ebay has a 15% off coupon code (PICKSOON) that expires at 6pm today Pacific time so RC's bars for the 1000 series will come out to $62.01 (plus tax) plus free shipping. Pretty good price if you're looking for a set of bars. The code will also work for the grates but no free shipping on the grates.

The ad I saw for 1000 series grates had free shipping (see below), but the grates are over $200, so you would still pay ~$170 to get a set. I am not sure how that compares to going to Dave "rc" directly.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Weber-Cook...099112?hash=item1eea4043e8:g:EFgAAOxy0rZRFvJU

That would be nice!

I wish they made a set of flavorizer bars for the 1000 as well...

Well that guy from that company had posted about someone doing a review on the flavorizer bars would send them a set for free. I think that it was TH who said to get a hold of Chris to do a review. I replied to him that if they made a set for the 13 bars they could most likely sell a ton of them. Thread was taken down guessing Chris would not want to rock the boat with his sponsors. Its one thing for us to be talking about this stuff which is okay but certainly Chris could not get involved.

Well that guy from that company had posted about someone doing a review on the flavorizer bars would send them a set for free. I think that it was TH who said to get a hold of Chris to do a review. I replied to him that if they made a set for the 13 bars they could most likely sell a ton of them. Thread was taken down guessing Chris would not want to rock the boat with his sponsors. Its one thing for us to be talking about this stuff which is okay but certainly Chris could not get involved.

I actually got a free:D set from that guy! I had previously bought the grates and a set of bars, both for the 1000, because I understood the short-lived coupon to mean you had to buy a second item. So, this time I asked to be able to review the bars for a 300 series grills, two of which I have lined up for restoration this fall. They sent me the $ to purchase but asked that I wait a week or so before posting a review since I had already bought the other stuff.

I will post a link to my review when I do it. I plan to take a couple pictures to compare the Weber OEM ones to theirs.

Back