New source for grates and flavorizors

You have to check the box below the price to apply the 5% off. There should be the word "Coupon" in orange below to the left of the box under the price. It's a 5% off coupon. It'll only take off $1.85 but it's still something. It'll show in checkout.

Last edited:
Thanks Greg for bringing these products to light.

After seeing JKim's photos comparing the Grates to the Uniflasy ones (which I never really cared for), for $29.99 for the QulilMetal (with coupon), it was a no-brainer.

I am going to cut them down to fit in my Junior anyway so I did not want to spend a fortune. Here are a couple pics.

Compared to the RCplanebuyers version-

E1knXaIl.jpg

VsBvzzwl.jpg

Side by side in my Genesis Platinum-

r9uYE3ol.jpg

A quick weigh-in. Don't worry I tared the glass cup for an accurate weight :)

QuliMetal 5.5lbs

phwmwSpl.jpg

RCplanebuyer 8.15lbs

OeSUPFHl.jpg

Jeff

Last edited:
I echo Bruce's sentiments, Jeff, that is an excellent comparison and I thank you for doing it.

I'd still like to have a set of the rcplanebuyer grates someday, but for now these will be a nice upgrade from my worn out Weber stainless grates.

Jeff,

THANK YOU for taking the time to make a very informative photo & weigh-in comparison. It pretty much confirms what I was kind of expecting. Dave Santana "rcplanebuyer" is, without a doubt, the cat's meow/top drawer choice. However, for the vast majority of users, these Qulimetal ones we are being introduced to would certainly make a very fine set. And, for flipping purposes, Dave's are just too pricey for most re-selling situations whereas these - especially if you can get some coupon to work - are a much more doable price and would still make a sharp presentation to a potential buyer. I would also be quite content to use a set of these myself.

I admit I would love to have a set of Dave's grates and hope to, at least someday. I have purchased at least three sets of his flavorizer bars because there didn't seem to be anything competitive with them. I have too much grill stuff of my own already, so I am only buying what I think I can resell at a profit. Thus, my purchase with the coupon of this Qulimetal grate and flavorizer bars for hopefully upcoming Genesis Silver/Gold renovations. I will check them both out and if i need more parts give them serious consideration.

Last edited:
Well, I am home this afternoon trying to do more tax returns. The mailman brought me 2 Amazon packages: my Qulimetal Genesis grates and Silver/Gold flavorizer bars.

Wow. Packaged very nice, not like some aftermarket stuff. I have to say that the grates are REALLY nice, at least in my opinion. Might be hard not to try and keep for my own use:eek:!

I could only look briefly at the flavorizers, but they are definitely a better guage than some of the cheap stuff I have seen from other Made in China offerings.

It will be interesting to see how it all looks in a completed grill. I will also look forward to feedback shared by other purchasers.

I modified my QuliMetal Grates this afternoon. I took off around 2 1/2" width which is the removal of 4 rods per Grate. I started with my Jigsaw and then moved over to the Dremel. It took two HD cut-off wheels to cut through these 7mm Grates. Tough stuff.

Now I have a custom set of 304 stainless Grates for my Junior.

qlxaJfl.jpg

Jeff

Last edited:
Jeff,

That looks great! Your Jr. should be set for years to come on the grates front. You do really nice work:cool:.

Jon

Jon kinda off on the same place you are at, mine should be here tomorrow but these things look really nice and for under 30 bucks really is hard to justify the RC stuff this set will go on the 2nd restore which is a keeper.

Funny thing is in the ATL I got the RC used grates on craigslist down to the price I wanted he was out of town cannot pick them up till next weekend but not really sure I want them now. I mean how much am I going to gain these things look pretty nice.

With all the positive comments I'm seeing on these grates, I am really anxious to see what mine look like when I get home

Dave Santana/rcplanebuyer and Mark Baron/KillaGrilla

Jon kinda off on the same place you are at, mine should be here tomorrow but these things look really nice and for under 30 bucks really is hard to justify the RC stuff this set will go on the 2nd restore which is a keeper.

Funny thing is in the ATL I got the RC used grates on craigslist down to the price I wanted he was out of town cannot pick them up till next weekend but not really sure I want them now. I mean how much am I going to gain these things look pretty nice.

Brian,

I think Dave Santana is well deserving of our business and the reputation he has. Totally top drawer and also, as recently posted, willing to help out us hobbyists. If I was looking for a set for myself I would try really hard to buy his.

Similar in my mind is Mark Baron, the owner of KillaGrilla.com. He is also a superb craftsman and friend of us Weber nuts. His specialty is in kettle grates, and he may be the only viable choice for grates for the old "flat-top" 26" kettle like I have. He also makes ones for the 22" that offer better options for use with a Slow N Sear or Smokenator. Just like Dave Santana, he uses all 304 stainless and VERY thick bars, at least for a kettle grate. I have mentioned before that I can't say enough about the quality of his workmanship. Like Dave, he is not cheap, but his prices are fair and his service has been excellent in my experience.

2a8joco.jpg

2mcd30k.jpg

In shopping for grates for my kettles I haven't found many appealing options. (I am totally fed up with Weber nickel-plate junk that doesn't last past two or three cooks.) The one stainless set you found on Amazon looked promising but seems to have dropped off the horizon. All the others get mixed reviews and have questionable construction quality. All are definitely lightweight. So to me, it was worth paying the extra amount for essentially life-time kettle grates made in the USA by a craftsman who cares.

These new options for Genesis grates make the comparison for gas grills a lot more complicated. This latest entry from Qulimetal - yes I finally realized that it is Q U L I - seems to offer quite a bit of quality for a tough to beat price (impossible to beat with the 40% off:eek:).

I would still say that Dave's stuff is obviously even better. It just depends on what you are doing and how much jingle you can afford to sink into a set of grates:rolleyes:. For general rehab & flip, Dave's grates (or Mark's for a kettle) aren't an option. (The heavily marked down Weber Kettle grates I got at Target are at least suitable for that.) For your favorite and well used personal grill the story may be different. For me, I know it is with regard to kettles since the competition isn't even close. I am having to think harder now about for a Genesis. The Qulimetal set that arrived at my house today is really impressive. Unbelievable for $29.99!

Last edited:
Got mine today and compared them to the original Weber grates I have at home. They look very similar to the grates from Weber. Both are 7mm thick. But the Qulimetal grates are few ounces heavier and not magnetic. The Weber weigh about 4lb ans 15 ounces. The Qulimetal ones slightly above 5lbs. My kitchen scale tops out at around 5lbs with an error message.
I think at the price after coupon they are a great deal. If they will not rust they are way better than the original Weber.
You cannot even get the crappy channel formed grates at this price.

New ones on the left, old ones on the right.
JQhjnz6csXYFkgar5

On the grill the look almost identical except the rust on the old ones. New ones on the right.
1ZWTyJHoutxfbemZA

Last edited:
Just got my Qulimetal grates in today and I am very impressed. I'd say these are comparable to the ones from bbqparts.com as far as the size (I think). Of course RC's grates are the creme de la creme but for $30 you can't beat the Qulimetal ones (even reg. price at $50). I know there are pics posted already but I'd thought I'd show more...

e3BC2g3.jpg

AKS8m6m.jpg

ePK4uqQ.jpg

Rtw5UP8.jpg

Qulimetal left, RC right

fhFHV4v.jpg

4eBD7kS.jpg

MczwoM5.jpg

Oh and this came in as well....

6eb0Hp1.jpg

LCLJBsH.jpg

Shout out to Greg M for sharing this find on Amazon :cool:

Besides the decent thickness and tight spacing, I also notice that this company takes the time to round the corners of each bar and even throws in an extra support bar. Even the packaging is pretty nice for a made in China aftermarket competitor. Seems to prove that not everything from there is poor quality. Durability is still a bit of an unknown, but the first impressions are certainly promising.

Got mine today and compared them to the original Weber grates I have at home. They look very similar to the grates from Weber. Both are 7mm thick. But the Qulimetal grates are few ounces heavier and not magnetic. The Weber weigh about 4lb ans 15 ounces. The Qulimetal ones slightly above 5lbs. My kitchen scale tops out at around 5lbs with an error message.
I think at the price after coupon they are a great deal. If they will not rust they are way better than the original Weber.
You cannot even get the crappy channel formed grates at this price.

New ones on the left, old ones on the right.
JQhjnz6csXYFkgar5

On the grill the look almost identical except the rust on the old ones. New ones on the right.
1ZWTyJHoutxfbemZA

Stefan,

Can you retry on the pictures? I am having trouble viewing and am interested in your comparison. Are the original Weber grates you mention for a Genesis 300 or for the older Silver?

These grates and bars won't fit the new Genesis II series grill and AFAIK, Qulimetal doesn't make sets for them yet (I haven't seen any). The only aftermarket SS grates that I've seen for the new Genesis II grills (so far) are the ones from Stanbroil...

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07C82P8NV/tvwb-20

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07C7JKKF2/tvwb-20

Also, you may want to check Lowes yet because I think the Genesis grills are still selling for half off. Most stores don't list the sale price though, you actually have to purchase the item and the sale price should pop up. If it doesn't then just tell them you changed your mind and don't want to purchase it. You'll need to read into this forum for more info...

https://slickdeals.net/f/11995439-w...e-gas-grill-349-50-lowes-ymmv-b-m#commentsBox

Good Luck!

Thank you!
My closest Lowes was wiped out. I'll have to travel and check out others.
Here I thought I was ahead of the game. Last year was finding deals in Oct, but just moved, so $$ was tight.
Now have a 3rd kid and tons of OT. Saving $$, but no time to search for deals.

Happy some found good grates. Let's get them to sell more sizes!

Let's not forget it's a good idea to trade with these fine craftsmen as if we keep buying the MIC (made in China) stuff and don't support the guys who support us it's not a good tradeoff. I fully understand using the Chinese stuff on a flipper but when looking at buying something for your own I personally think it's wise to trade with these good people

Back