New Dog Pics - Post Pics Of Your Best Friend!

Levi w
319299533_1283771315744562_5823682494605724636_n.jpg
as wanting to see what Pammi was doing in the kitchen yesterday, but didn't want to get off of the couch!

I wrote a couple of months ago about getting Icy, a 3 yr old Affenpinscher, to join and hopefully help Tonto (1.5 years) who has shown major problems with severe anxiety. (I have good reason to think it is canine autism). While Tonto had slowly improved over the seven months we had him, he still seemed to have significant reversion daily (our Groundhog Day dog). Since getting Icy, Tonto has made tremendous improvement -- not all at once, but noticeably improving day by day. Our vet exclaimed over just how much more outgoing he is now. It's little things we see daily that we had never seen before. (Like at one point finally accepting a treat from Sheila or, much later, jumping up to where she was seated. He has always been a more acceptant of me, but his fears have always overruled his actions.). Tonto still has issues, but for example, both dogs rushed downstairs for this pic when I called -- Tonto used to run away.

We love both our dogs. Tonto has only now been with us for 10 months. Perhaps his most notable trait is his vulnerability, but time, care and love from all his family including Icy give us hope he may someday approach "normal". Meanwhile, they are both ardent lovers of following me around as I grill or smoke something almost every day. Icy is up front here and is actually the smaller ( 9 and 10 lbs).IMG_20221219_094739709.jpg

I saw the show that this came. Full and total trust on the part of the dog. And a message to be conscious of what you ask or in some way expect of your dog. They will try to please you.

Back