My Favorite Commercial BBQ Sauce(s)

Sorry to say, I’m not particularly fond of any of them but, I keep trying to find one that I want “in stock“. Grandson isn’t pick, very adventurous really, I do have some SBR on hand right now.

I only put a bit of BBQ Sauce on Pork and Chicken at the end of the cook and place some additional in a bowl on the table if wanting more.

I'm definitely a fan of Sweet Baby Ray's but also Montgomery Inn sauce, probably because their restaurants are near our home.

(and I like Ken's Honey Mustard)

1689354623062.png
I always keep a bottle in the frig, but it doesn't get used that often. Mixed with the braising liquids for ribs finishing sauce, old school bbq chicken and a few more uses.

I keep some SBR Original of Great Value Original around for those who insist on tomato based sweet sauces. Other than that, I make my own, most of which are either vinegary, mustardy or spicy.

I rarely sauce on proteins, but I do enjoy BBQ sauce over ketchup as a dipping sauce. I always have SBR on hand & I recently purchased a couple of Blues Hog varieties. I also lean more toward the hot & spicy types made by Stubbs, Head Country & Gates. I do enjoy Open Pit, which is a cheap & very old vinegar based brand that is hard to find some people love it, others not so much.

Back