My 26" Performer

Robert, are you concerned that the side table supports could pop loose if accidentally hit in an upwards motion? Maybe not, but it's just something that stuck out to me.

That could happen, I suppose. It would have to be on both sides of the "table" at the same time.

Very nice unit, have you got any picture of the monster burner lit? and if you don't mind saying where did you source that burner from, thanks Steve

Thanks, Timothy!

Did some more work on the burner cover:

PICT4857_zpsfshxes4y.jpg

How it works: place the cover, tabs down & fit into the slots. Rotate the cover to "lock".
The fins on the burner act as a support for the cover & also limit how far the cover will rotate left or right.

PICT4859_zpsjgiqr922.jpg

PICT4862_zpsyadssn3d.jpg

It's about time to paint.

Last edited:
I repeat my previous statement! Very cool indeed! I want one! And then I want a ranch set up the same way! Holy cow that would be something to move around but, with the right wheels.....

Thanks again for the kind comments, Dudes!

Got it painted. Used only the finest quality Rustoleum Gloss Black, Hammered Silver & High Heat BBQ Black.
Rolled most of the paint - only sprayed the silver where a roller or foam brush wouldn't do the job.

PICT4868_zpstjoiloqx.jpg

PICT4876_zpsf0vvtzcg.jpg

Still a few things to do: some hooks to hang utensils, make a "base" to secure a propane tank & etc.

Last edited:
Where you live Robert you could add a paper towel holder, my best mod was the umbrella holder for those real hot days.just a PVC tube and some water hose clamps. Put a bolt through the bottom to act as a stop for the umbrella.
Like your choice of colors clean and simple easy to touch up.

It's finished!

PICT4963_zpssvopnzbb.jpg

PICT4967_zpsu3z0o0ep.jpg

PICT4970_zps7jk92jaw.jpg

PICT4975_zpsrtufwbbn.jpg

PICT4981_zpsimb7lowx.jpg

Well... I said it was finished, however I'm still looking for a hammered CL Performer to cannibalize for it's gas assist. Am in no hurry.

Back