My 26" Performer

how much to build me one!! one possible suggestion, is to maybe add a propane splicer and funnel the big propane tank into the touch-n-go to get rid of the small disposable tanks. Might be a pain to open the valve on the big propane tank each time since it's in the back though.

Wow! That is really impressive! I would replace my 22.5" performer with one of those for sure. I really like the heavy duty side burner.

That's pretty fantastic.

I made a few prototypes of these at Weber, they thought they were just HUGE!

I took a pair of performer tables, sliced them to make it wide enough for the 26. Extended the regular length cross braces to be wide enough, same with the cart grate... I wonder what they ever did with that beast?

That's pretty fantastic.

I made a few prototypes of these at Weber, they thought they were just HUGE!

I took a pair of performer tables, sliced them to make it wide enough for the 26. Extended the regular length cross braces to be wide enough, same with the cart grate... I wonder what they ever did with that beast?

Thank you! That's quite a compliment. Yeah... it's huge & I love it.

Just added a Cajun Bandit rotisserie ring. It's even bigger now.

hT8Dlt6.jpg

Thank you! That's quite a compliment. Yeah... it's huge & I love it.

Just added a Cajun Bandit rotisserie ring. It's even bigger now.

hT8Dlt6.jpg

You are most welcome.

Cajun makes some quality stuff. There's nothing better than sitting down to pursue your past-time be it cooking, music, woodworking, you name it.. and having the RIGHT tool and quality.

You'll enjoy using that custom performer for years..

Neat chimney rest, too, Robert.

You and your 26" grill need to go on tour around the country. :wsm:

Last edited:
I just picked up a new to me 26" . . . all I need is some of your skill . . . in the mean time I'll just admire your craftsmanship

I really love seeing the care you took on this build! That is just so cool!
I just spent three hours scrubbing the seasons charcoal dust off the cypress table on my "double barreled" performer. Three coats of tung oil and it looks pretty nice again. I've seen cypress "grey out" in the sun but, this was just schmutz! I was kind of grossed out really, I need to swab the decks more often!

Rorbert-R I am very impressed with your design, I’m looking to my my own pretty soon. I was wondering if you would be able to give me some pointers and dimentions of your build. What steel stock used, did you cut all the way through for the hoop hinge? Please let me know

Simply stunning... I really wish Weber made these. Robert-R -- Incredible job!

I'm just sad the build is over... it was a joy reading through this thread to see the progress! How much would you charge to make one? :)

Smokenator 2600 for Smoking on Weber 26" Kettle Grill - $35 (Huntersville, NC)

Here ya go, Robert.

Just in case you're looking for one.

00000_4UA81jhVwY8_600x450.jpg

Robert what a build! I could use that burner to brew a 5 gal batch of beer! Finish is really nice too! You should be proud you don't see a lot of craftsmanship like that these days. I work in the welding industry ( misc steel fabricator in the suburbs of Chicago) And I get the impression there are quite a few garage fabricators in this forum. COOL!!

Dudes, thanks for the compliments. I really appreciate them.

The XL is a dream to use and it sees action all the time.

tf0pQr2.jpg

DZKKrbT.jpg

Q2DbZwN.jpg

OK Robert, you may not be a machinist but, you’re a heck of a lot more skilled fabricator than I will ever be!
I have the “signatures” from my 68 Lincoln continental around here somewhere I might have to start thinking about what to do with them.....

Back