John's Griffloaf

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
I don't think I've ever used a recipe for meatloaf, just throw it together with stuff that sounds good.
Until this morning that is when I followed John Solak's Griffloaf recipe as closely as I could.
Not sure who Griff is, but his recipe is shared by John on post #10 here.
I only had 1.1 lb. of 80/20 ground beef, so I only used 1/2 lb. of pork sausage.
On the little WSM with K-pro and some pecan wood:

1628713819487.png

This meat didn't loaf, done in one hour, temp spiked to 374F until I closed down the bottom vents to half. Mostly ran around 350F.

1628713940268.png

Instead of my usual mayo, I applied some Chick-fil-a sauce and a slice of tomato.
Had to stretch my mouth a bit, but got 'er down in fine fashion. It satisfied my craving for meatloaf.

1628714121656.png

John hasn't posted here in a good while, but does post some of his cooks on FB.
Hottest day of the year today, had some great weather last week, and it's supposed to return by the weekend. Stay cool and safe everyone!!

Great looking meatloaf Bob and even greater to see you back strong as ever.
Barb is the meatloaf queen here. I copied the recipe and gave it to Barb, she can add it to her collection.

Last edited:
Copied the recipe and noticed that John's avatar looks like Smilin' Bob from the Enzyte commercials. :ROFLMAO:

Looks grate Bob. I do like a bbq'd meatloaf.
When I make hamburgers I use 85% 80/20 beef, & 15% pork, leek and black pudding, (blood), sausage.
Apols for thread drift.

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever used a recipe for meatloaf, just throw it together with stuff that sounds good.
Until this morning that is when I followed John Solak's Griffloaf recipe as closely as I could.
Not sure who Griff is, but his recipe is shared by John on post #10 here.
I only had 1.1 lb. of 80/20 ground beef, so I only used 1/2 lb. of pork sausage.
On the little WSM with K-pro and some pecan wood:

View attachment 34585

This meat didn't loaf, done in one hour, temp spiked to 374F until I closed down the bottom vents to half. Mostly ran around 350F.

View attachment 34586

Instead of my usual mayo, I applied some Chick-fil-a sauce and a slice of tomato.
Had to stretch my mouth a bit, but got 'er down in fine fashion. It satisfied my craving for meatloaf.

View attachment 34589

John hasn't posted here in a good while, but does post some of his cooks on FB.
Hottest day of the year today, had some great weather last week, and it's supposed to return by the weekend. Stay cool and safe everyone!!
Griff was a member at BBQ Central. This recipe has been a “Sticky” there since 2006. I’ve made it many times.
I messed it up once by substituting a different sausage.

Back