Is this sacrilegious ?

JeffG

TVWBB Emerald Member
I turned a leftover Tri-Tip into beef stroganoff .....dam it was good. I will be doing it again.

The original cook and you're plate....

The Rub

Xlu2XlC0QuuNmsNuYTdK0Q.jpg

KsDthJSVQNmMtlNPueSrvg.jpg

O+ViyHXLRd+zcslwLR9pVw.jpg

wODO8SWlRoqf4N1gtbXQ0Q.jpg

You're plate....

oieMxaEZSCKP2fCB7SuF9A.jpg

Cut into chunks for the beef stroganoff ..

fullsizeoutput_cb9.jpeg

And then Stroganoff. It turned out really good and I will defiantly be doing it again...

Thanks for looking.

CaTtJH6aS8eyX7irflFmug.jpg

Not sacriligous at all, bbq leftover creations are part of the fun. Great double cook. Can I just say how amazing that marbling looks on the pic where you cubed up the leftover tri-tip.

That's not even heresy, Jeff! :) I like both preparations, and might be stealing the stroganoff one for any leftovers with which I might be burdened in the future! :)

R

Jeff,
Both meals look fantastic and I'll bet they tasted just as good! Thanks for taking the pics and sharing with us. One of my favorite left over bbq meals is pulled pork chilli.

I make stroganoff with the trimmings leftover when I turn whole beef loins into filet mignon.

Those dishes look pretty darned good.

As said above both cooks look and I bet taste amzing, there is a BBQ place here in town that serves TriTip Stroganoff I always wanted to try it at home ,but I never have enough,or any left overs.

Just got back from a big grocery run and I scored a really nice looking choice tri tip (only the third I have been able to find in over a year). I can't wait to cook it!

Great idea for the leftover TT Jeff, have to give that a try.
When we used to find TT in the dog food section of the meat departments for next to nothing. I've made chili, beef stew, ground it for hamburgers, all kinds of fun stuff. But now that half the state is transplanted Californians (ourselves included) they know what TT is all about and grab them whenever they see them. TT has become the unicorn of the beef here now.

Great idea for the leftover TT Jeff, have to give that a try.
When we used to find TT in the dog food section of the meat departments for next to nothing. I've made chili, beef stew, ground it for hamburgers, all kinds of fun stuff. But now that half the state is transplanted Californians (ourselves included) they know what TT is all about and grab them whenever they see them. TT has become the unicorn of the beef here now.
I never heard of Tri Tip or saw one in my life until I started BBQing and started on this site. I have found 3 at Walmart over the last 14 months and have bought all three. Have not been able to find them anywhere else. The one I got today looks much better the other two I got before. Really Really looking forward to cooking this one!

Thanks all for the kind words, sometimes things just come together at the right time...
Now whats on you're menu for tonight?

Back