Independence Day Smoke?

Hope you save the rib tips and flap meat. If so are you gonna smoke them or use for something else?

Tim
Tim, I keep the skirt and the flap meat for chili in the winter. Usually don't keep the rib tips anymore just never found any thing I used them for to my liking.

Tim, I keep the skirt and the flap meat for chili in the winter. Usually don't keep the rib tips anymore just never found any thing I used them for to my liking.

I'm sorry to hear that. Rib tips are my favorite, either alone or chopped up added to beans, posole, green or red chili stew.
The added cartilage melts down and adds richness, like a marrow bone.

Tim

Since we are going on vacation, I’m trying to clear out the freezer some (and most of the fridge!) so the menu has changed to a fajita/burrito bar kind of thing. I’d picked up a pkg of skirt steaks at Costco the other day, just because, so, those and some ground beef taco meat, seasoned chicken, beans, rice, salsa, pico de gallo no one ate the (excellent) guacamole last time so, too bad not making it just for me, I don’t need to eat an entire bowl!

Picked up some fresh sausage from a local butcher, jalapeño cheddar bacon brats! Smoking on Saturday 😏

I'm putting on a 11 lb boneless butt at about 4 pm. Then when it comes off, I'll stoke the fires and put on three cones of spares. It should keep us in Q for a while.

Pulled pork sandwiches with Lexington dip for dinner. For lunch, we're trying these. Definitely not muffuletta, but really, really good. Been to NO once in my life 35 years ago and I can still taste the real-deal sammie. As long as you can accept that you're not eating the real thing, this is a solid recipe imho.

Pulled pork sandwiches with Lexington dip for dinner.
What's "Lexington Dip"? Is it another name for or similar to the "black dip" that's used on mutton in western Kentucky?

On page 1 I posted that we'd probably be having burgers or hot dogs today, but yesterday a 4-1/2 lb. brisket chunk kidnapped me and forced me to put it in the WSM this morning.

Hi Brad! Here you go...I use the recipe from Meathead at Amazing Ribs. Wife and I like it on pulled pork. Happy Fourth...good luck with that hostage situation.

Back