I saw something today that will BLOW YOUR MIND!

Since you brought it up, I’ve often wondered what happened to the marketing people that thought that was a good idea? Definitely a head scratcher. Who here thinks Coke Zero is the “new coke” formula? Aside from the artificial sweetener, it tastes the same to me.
I worked for them at the time funny thing is they had done a bunch of taste testing with the new coke against the old and the new coke was winning. We were losing mkt share to the young crowd who were drinking Pepsi they prefered a sweeter drink. Of course it was a disaster although there were some theories it was done on purpose as I think they brought classic back in less then 6 mos. Take something away from somebody and all of a sudden they got to have it.

Kinda like Weber Charcoal, it wasn't the greatest if I remember at $19 bucks a bag then take it away and all of a sudden it was the greatest. Bunch of us bought alot when Home Depot blew it out at $4.10 a bag still got 14 bags left. I love it but if they brought it back at 19 bucks a bag not so much.

I don't drink much soda but I really like Coke Zero myself.

I worked for them at the time funny thing is they had done a bunch of taste testing with the new coke against the old and the new coke was winning. We were losing mkt share to the young crowd who were drinking Pepsi they prefered a sweeter drink. Of course it was a disaster although there were some theories it was done on purpose as I think they brought classic back in less then 6 mos. Take something away from somebody and all of a sudden they got to have it.

Kinda like Weber Charcoal, it wasn't the greatest if I remember at $19 bucks a bag then take it away and all of a sudden it was the greatest. Bunch of us bought alot when Home Depot blew it out at $4.10 a bag still got 14 bags left. I love it but if they brought it back at 19 bucks a bag not so much.

I don't drink much soda but I really like Coke Zero myself.

It’s probably a New England thing, but I miss original formula Moxie. It was definitely an acquired taste, not something you could drink much of or very often, and never very popular, which I’m sure is what drove them to change it. But it was unique, and now it isn’t.

Bob I am originally from NE and god that stuff was awful maybe had it once. Of course at the time Dr Pepper kinda tasted bad to me also.
I am from NE and no one there drank it. I worked in a liquor store and it would stay on the shelf in a soda cooler until it expired. I tried it once, and the only thing I could compare it to was Tab. I recently found it at my local Cracker Barrel so I tried it again. 30 years later and still not for me.

Last edited:
I am from NE and no one there drank it. I worked in a liquor store and it would stay on the shelf until it expired. I tried it once, and the only thing I could compare it to was Tab. I recently found it at my local Cracker Barrel so I tried it again. 30 years later and still not for me.
The Tab brings back memories it was kind of the first foray into diet drinks but the cyclamates whatever it had forced the company to pull it even though you would have had to drink like 3 cases a day then maybe have a problem. I was there for the Diet Coke launch the first decent tasting diet drink I was a manager at the time guys from MA who know Pembroke that was the first Stop and Shop superstore was going to make or break them they almost backed out believe it or not became there largest grossing store almost as soon as it opened. At that point they basically started closing all their smaller stores and only built Superstores. Bradlees which they owned had been making all the money until it didn't. Diet Coke outsold in that store regular Coke by about 3 to 1 or more and this was like 35 years ago. I drank that all the time but I prefer the Coke Zero now.

Do you remember Diet Jolt Cola? Twice the caffeine and no calories. I went to a bunch of doctors for intestinal problems. The problems went away when I stopped drinking it. Funny how none of the doctors asked me about my diet;-(

Do you remember Diet Jolt Cola? Twice the caffeine and no calories. I went to a bunch of doctors for intestinal problems. The problems went away when I stopped drinking it. Funny how none of the doctors asked me about my diet;-(
I tried Jolt once. It was the full strength stuff, sugar and all. I could actually see my heart beating in my chest! Well I might be exaggerating just a bit, but never tried it again

The Moxie soda I have had - probably from Cracker Barrel reminded me of cough medicine. Good at first but then a weird aftertaste.

I should really just clean the blooming garage but, I’m waiting for the temperature to get below 1000 degrees!
I hear you Tim. Barb and I lived in a town called Bullhead city on the Colorado river not far from Las Vegas. In the summer it would get so hot in the garage the little convex mirrors you stick on the outside mirrors would fall off my truck , the glue would melt. We only lived there for a year and couldn't stand it $350-400 a month to cool a 1400 sq. ft. house. A/C would come on in mid June and run 24/7 until mid September.
High garage temp....137

It's been a scorcher her in KC also, cooler weather in the forecast. I'm glad because the landscapers are coming Monday to install sod around the new patio.

Yes, today air temperature was 90, heat index 96. I ran errands early then came home to relax in the AC!
My wife is happier much warmer than I!

Back