home depot mem day sale

JimZ

TVWBB Super Fan
I hope this isn't right but I saw the flyer and it looks like embers brand will be on sale for 10 bucks for the twin pack but didn't see anything on the kbb. I hope the flyer I saw wasn't accurate. Anyone see anything?

It happens every year at this time, members start fretting on whether there will be a KBB sale.
Every year I come on here and try to reassure everyone that there will be.
There will be, relax! :)
I just don't know how good the price will be.

What about the day?

I cringe at the thought of the sale price being announced Friday and the rush-crush Covid or not.

Well - Wednesday and I couldn't find anything for a KBB sale at Home Depot.

I did turn up an ad for the HD Memorial Day sale

And from the tiny/blurry picture I was able to find this on the actual HD site

Embers brand, 20lbx2bags at 14.98 that from the ad goes on sale at 9.98

I've never tried Embers brand. Any good cuz I'll get that instead of KBB at the regular price.

TIA!

First, covid-19, now no Memorial Day Kingsford sale at Home Depot or Lowes. What is the world coming to?

Well - Wednesday and I couldn't find anything for a KBB sale at Home Depot.

I did turn up an ad for the HD Memorial Day sale

And from the tiny/blurry picture I was able to find this on the actual HD site

Embers brand, 20lbx2bags at 14.98 that from the ad goes on sale at 9.98

I've never tried Embers brand. Any good cuz I'll get that instead of KBB at the regular price.

TIA!
Embers is made by Royal Oak, I've used it in the past and liked it just fine. It has the Royal Oak name on the back of the bag if I remember correctly.

Yes, Embers is made by RO.
It's been discussed here before, some like it, some hate it, I'm in the hate it group.
Possibly a quality control problem. Bought a twin pack and still have a bag and a half I need to pitch.

Embers is made by Royal Oak, I've used it in the past and liked it just fine. It has the Royal Oak name on the back of the bag if I remember correctly.
Thanks for the tip! (y)

I'm going to hold off until Thursday to make my HD run as I need a bunch of other stuff to get there. So, I'll decide then what to get.

But, I ain't going back over the weekend, sale or no sale.

I'd rather be tending the rig, listening to music, and drinking some cold ones than fighting for a parking spot, and standing in line.(n)

The Home Depot here has the twin pack of 20 lb bags for $14.98, limit 10. Sale ends tomorrow. They did this last year and I bought 10 twin packs, even though that price was higher than the usual sale. I figured it was as low as they'd go. Then, I went into Home Depot for something else a week or two after the "sale" and they still had the aisle full of charcoal, marked down to $9.99 per twin pack. So, this year I'm waiting for a lower price.

I have seen no sale at Lowe's yet.

Thats the add i saw. No Kingsford on it. Embers is ok i use it in the WSM not the BBQ. Nothing to write home to mom about. I did see the dewalt cordless deal that seems pretty decent.

Here in CA, Lowe's is not doing a weekly ad due to shelter in place orders. But I called my local store, the one with this big pile of K out front, and they said the sale starts on Friday but she couldn't tell me the price.

IMG_0166.JPG

I wish a store out here in California would put Weber briquettes on sale!

BTW, True Value has KBB at $17.99 for a 2 pack of 20lb bags with free ship to store.

Are webers really that good? I have 10 bags that I haven't tried yet. More grilling in this house than smoking. But smoke once a month.

Are webers really that good? I have 10 bags that I haven't tried yet. More grilling in this house than smoking. But smoke once a month.
I like the Weber for fast, high heat cooks. My kettle will get screaming hot with a Vortex full of it. Only ever used Kingsford for the WSM.

Blains farm & barn has the world’s greatest charcoal on sale this Friday Saturday and Sunday only
View attachment 5252
I am so upset that I don't have any of these places near me that has the Weber Charcoal bogo free. It is my favorite charcoal and I can not find it in my area of the woods. First was the pictures of your truck full of it and now this man I have never wanted to Midwest until now!

Back