Huge load of KBB spotted at Lowe’s

Cool! Turns out that I need to stock up. Funny how that always seems to happen right around this time every year like clockwork :)

WOW! I don't need any since the summer fire restrictions have cut my usage down about 90%. I still have about 15 bags of KBB

for the first time since joining chris' forum 15 years ago, I am out of charcoal :eek: A function of less use since our three kids left the nest and more travel since retirement. Still, looking forward to stocking up this weekend!

best,

They're $19.99 here, but that's the everyday price. I'm dying! Got some Roadside marinating and I used up the last of my lump last night. My KBB has been gone for a few weeks. I need to stock up!

Just checked this AM. $16.88 for the twin pack through 5/27. Looks like that may be this year’s sale price. Pretty disappointing...

Just checked this AM. $16.88 for the twin pack through 5/27. Looks like that may be this year’s sale price. Pretty disappointing...
Agreed, disappointing.

That's 0.422/lb. I was in Costco yesterday and they had Kingsford Professional on sale for $15 for 18lb twin pack. That's 0.417/lb. Not sure of the difference.

Well for the last few years the charcoal sales have been a non issue for us. On May 20 they went to stage II fire restrictions again this year and although it only applies to the state forest areas and parks the local cites will soon ban all charcoal use in the towns as well. We still are using up the charcoal we bought four years ago and have about 12 bags left.
Unless we get a strong monsoon season they won't lift the restrictions until mid October or later.

Same here. I won't be buying like I normally do. In fact, at this point that equals a special trip to Lowes just for charcoal. That equals risk, and 3 bucks isn't going to motivate me.

This may be a good reason to try the Professional version being sold at Costco for slightly less - especially if I'm already going to Costco.

Last edited:

Back