Grauation Gumbo and real Andoullie

Bill Schultz

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Graduation Gumbo and real Andoullie

For my Son's Graduation from the University of Maryland I decided to do something special for him, Ladies and Gents may I present Daniel Christopher Schultz. Aerospace Engineer

DSC00847_zpspllqf1bq.jpg

10 Lbs. Pork Belly trimmed and cut up for the grinder

DSC01705_zpshe4qul05.jpg

Real File Spice ordered a couple of weeks ago, all the spices, Sweet Paprika, Cayenne, Garlic, Kosher,File, Thyme, Crushed red pepper, Spicy Brown Mustard

DSC01706_zpsyfma0hod.jpg

Through the grinder after being spiced

DSC01709_zpszjzyuxak.jpg

Stuffed and in the fridge to season for a day or so

DSC01712_zpsqv6yg0hj.jpg

Stubbs and Cheery wood got the nod, arranged for a low 150 degree cook for a few hours so the fat does not render out and then graduate to around 200

DSC01714_zpshdmyod4z.jpg

Done at 165 will rise a little after being removed. About 4.5 hrs. total

DSC01720_zps9pa51ptl.jpg

The Gumbo triumvirate, diced onion, celery, green peppers

DSC01723_zpsmgr6crj2.jpg

The Roux, 1/4 cup oil, 1.4 cup flour whisked constantly until nicely browned

DSC01724_zpsifd5apjw.jpg

The triumvirate in and stirred constantly until softened

DSC01726_zpsf4nff7qj.jpg

To continue next page

Last edited:
Andoullie in then about 40 oz's Chicken Broth, then saute Boneless Skinless Thighs with a little Tony C's Creole Spice separately then in with them too.About 1 Lb of fresh Gulf Shrimp in about twenty minutes before serving

DSC01727_zps1wlcozmq.jpg

All in together

DSC01729_zpsydlcwwb7.jpg

The CEO made her Cornbread and we made some long grain Rice, The plate. It was Heaven in a bowl

DSC01732_zpsxdygfbeu.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous! I love gumbo and that andouille looks outstanding! I gotta try making sausage. Excellent post!

Bill, Sadly I've become a lurker but I had to come out of the shadows to comment on this one. As good as everything looks, that first pic is awesome. Congrats to your boy...and you.

Food looks kinda good too. :p

Bill, congratulations to your son on a phenomenal accomplishment! That gumbo is definitely a special meal, with all the work you put into it. Terrific step-by-step photos as usual.

That looks terrific, Bill. That's a very impressive meal and congratulations to your son. His joy and your pride show well in that picture.

Congratulations Daniel, and to the proud Papa as well - nicely done - Even got Don Cash to check in - that's a feat in itself ! :)

Congrats Bill, you must be overcome proud!!!! Good looking son, he adopted? :)

Fantastic cook Dad!

Congratulations to the Graduate! You marked the occasion with a fine meal. That gumbo is absolutely stunning. I'm taking a shot at Andouille on my next sausage adventure. Thanks for sharing Bill.

Congratulations to your son, & I can only imagine what a proud moment this is for you and your beautiful wife.

I couldn't agree more! Congrats to your son! Couldn't be more proud of the lad I am sure! If he needs a job sent him to the Huntsville area. You can't sling a cat around here without hitting an Aero Eng.

Congratulations to Daniel & to you too Bill. That is a fine looking son you got there.
And the gumbo is does look like heaven in a bowl. Looks real guud!

Congrats to Daniel. I can only imagine how proud you must be. That andouille looks amazing Bill.

Congratulations to Daniel and to you and your lovely wife. In todays hectic world that is quite an accomplishment for all of you.
That gumbo and sausage had to be out of this world with the attention to detail and the great skills you posses.
Thanks for sharing your special moment.

Congrats to Daniel, job well done. That is one fantastic meal you did Bill. That first pic tells it all!;)

Congratulations to Daniel! Impressive meal to celebrate with!
I also very impressed to see you next to your smoker in white shorts - If that was me, there would be crap all over 'em!

Nice meal, gumbo gets my vote any day of the week and I'd surely eat a bowl of that. Congrats on your son's accomplishment!

Back