Coronavirus - Covid 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of noon today we are "safer at home" as declared by the county health director,
meaning...Only essential businesses are allowed to open. All others CLOSED.
The county health director gave us an update... ZERO cases in the hospitals in our county. ????
Seems smart to me, it was gonna happen soon anyhow.
Zero cases means zero tested cases.

I still think it's WAY over kill. Heck my brother in law and I were talking yesterday. His brother has Covid and is in lung cancer remission and even with that much compromised health his brother said it's not that big a deal. So I am really just SMDH.

To be clear...I'm all for flattening the curve to not over-burden the healthcare system. Unfortunately, the easy answer is shut everything down with no notice.
It is more than disrespectful to shut restaurants with an 8 hour notice. They closed the restaurants with 8 cases of virus in the whole county.
IF, we had many cases, I get it.
All non-essential businesses were closed without a single corona patient in any hospital in the entire county.

When a doctor prescribes a medicine, he figures the dose based on several variables. Not one size fits all.

stay safe guys

I've been staying at home without any orders from the government. Its just good common sense.

My only concern is hoarding at the grocery store. As long as I can buy groceries, wine, and beer ............. I'm good .

I've been staying at home without any orders from the government. Its just good common sense.

My only concern is hoarding at the grocery store. As long as I can buy groceries, wine, and beer ............. I'm good .

I've been staying home as much as possible. I've reduced service calls to only critical issues.

As far as the grocery store, I'm still avoiding that - I thought about going in today but nope. I've been cooking dried beans, eating lots of rice, oatmeal, etc. Made some sandwich bread for the first time in at least a year. I have a freezer full of pork butts, steaks, shrimp, & fish, but I'm enjoying practicing the simple things.

When I was at the store last, I asked myself: "Self, what are you going to stock up on - a bunch of gas station food?" and then I avoided the container of slim jims. I would like some cheese though, just ran out yesterday.

Three weeks shut down for the entire state of Michigan! I have been filling the freezer for a while and I’m going to have to begin using some of the butts and so on.
The problem I see is I’m going to have to smoke a whole butt and Vortex a bunch of wings to make room for some other stuff! Talk about a double edged sword!

I made a quick run through a Cub grocery store tonight on the way home from my client. Cleaning products were pretty well cleared out. I didn't go anywhere near the meat case, fresh fruits & vegetables seemed to be pretty well stocked. No aspirin at all.

There's a lot of over-reaction to this, unfortunately, there's also a lot of misconceptions about this little bug. There's a much longer time on the lead end (after infection and before symptoms show,) and on the tail end (after symptoms stop and the carrier stops being contagious.) These periods are before people know they have it and after they think they've kicked it. It also appears to have a rather longer residence time outside a carrier. All of this adds up to more of an opportunity to spread, but basic sanitation (simple soap appears to be the best,) is one of the best ways to stay ahead of it. Government [over]reaction is happening because people don't seem to be individually capable of exercising simple precautions to halt the spread.

I made a quick run through a Cub grocery store tonight on the way home from my client. Cleaning products were pretty well cleared out. I didn't go anywhere near the meat case, fresh fruits & vegetables seemed to be pretty well stocked. No aspirin at all.
Since you're in Minnesota I'm guessing you're well-stocked with hotdish ingredients...;)

I still think it's WAY over kill. Heck my brother in law and I were talking yesterday. His brother has Covid and is in lung cancer remission and even with that much compromised health his brother said it's not that big a deal.
You can't draw any conclusions based on the experience of ONE person. For every guy in lung cancer remission who has modest Covid-19 symptoms, there's the hospital nurse I saw on TV tonight who is the picture of health, NO underlying health issues, who's been HAMMERED by this disease. There's the young congressman Ben McAdams of Utah with Covid-19 who says his breathing feels restricted like he's got a belt strapped tight around his chest. There's the 7 month old baby Emmett Doster in South Carolina with a 104*F temperature with Covid-19.

Let's just say your brother-in-law's brother is one lucky dude.

Since you're in Minnesota I'm guessing you're well-stocked with hotdish ingredients...;)

While I do have some regard for haute cuisine, haute dish eludes me. :) That is a very distinctive dish to MN, and aside from a top crust of Tater-Tots(tm), there are a gazillion different ways to make the rest of it.

You can't draw any conclusions based on the experience of ONE person. For every guy in lung cancer remission who has modest Covid-19 symptoms, there's the hospital nurse I saw on TV tonight who is the picture of health, NO underlying health issues, who's been HAMMERED by this disease. There's the young congressman Ben McAdams of Utah with Covid-19 who says his breathing feels restricted like he's got a belt strapped tight around his chest. There's the 7 month old baby Emmett Doster in South Carolina with a 104*F temperature with Covid-19.

Let's just say your brother-in-law's brother is one lucky dude.
Thanks for saying what I was thinking, Chris.
One of the things that got us to this point is a cavalier opinion by way too many people.

The local brewery taproom had a special on Saturday, buy 3 crowlers and get a free roll of TP. We did our part to keep them in business, as we are with the other local businesses.

(326)

Hopefully that bulletin put out by FEMA will lead to a reduction in all this hoarding that folks are doing.

Have to think that the meat hoarding will go down now that people's freezers are getting full.

Things are starting to improve here for seniors. You need to have a scorecard to tell which days and hours the various stores are catering to seniors. Albertsons was a little better today, again thanks to the independent vendors. Trader Joe's was like hitting the jackpot.... Fresh produce, dairy, some meat, and frozen vegetables. At this rate, I may try Costco on Thursday to pick up our Dunkin Donuts coffee and trash bags, both on sale and of course a chicken for supper if they have any cooked. So far though, very limited cleaning products and no TP in sight.

Two local chains are putting in Plexiglas shields between customers and grocery store clerks.
Also distance markers for those in line.
I used to enjoy grocery shopping, not these days though. Picked up an order from Walmart, a Papa Murphy's pizza, and got a Target delivery, all contactless.
Didn't get everything ordered, but a good start for our needs.

Have to think that the meat hoarding will go down now that people's freezers are getting full.
And since they panicked and bought all that bottom round...

I guess I'm just going to have to help out those grocers who're overstocked with standing rib roasts.

Yours truly, Henry F. Potter.:devilish:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back