Cedar plank meatloaf

Ever since I saw Robert McGee's thread "This ain't your mother's meatloaf...", I've been thinking, meatloaf on a cedar plank, what a great idea.

So last night I mixed up a meatloaf: 1/3 ground chuck, 1/3 ground pork, 1/3 fresh chorizo, onions, carrots, mushrooms. For spicing, I leaned on the chorizo: salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne.

On the grill (I used a couple of small chunks of peach wood).
qzGgOeW.jpg

Done, with some grilled romaine for a caesar salad.
LAbtR15.jpg

It was, seriously, the best meatloaf I've ever experienced. The chorizo mingled with the smoke...damn. This will be a staple. :)

Cheers,
Michael

I'd like a slice of that. I don't get the grilled romaine but I've sure seen it done a lot so there must be something to it.

I like the combo of meat and the plank on the meatloaf Michael, have to give that a whirl.

I need to also look up Robert McGees post because I love meatloaf. You certainly did a wonderful job on that cook! Ive never cooked it on the grill but I see I must at some point! Great cook!

Outstanding meat loaf never done one on the plank before. I do mine in a pan or sometimes direct on the grill with smoke. You need to try stuffing it that's fun to.

That looks great Michael. Clint, you have to try the grilled romaine. I cook it all the time, you don't even need dressing on your salad.

Back