Birthday Ribeyes

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
As is traditional, I like to cook up a nice steak dinner for the family on my birthday. Yesterday was no exception! :) I started off with two rather large, bone-in cutoffs from the 7-bone prime standing rib we had at Christmas. I seasoned them up pretty heavily with Dizzy Pig Raising the Steaks, then set up the 26'er for a low, indirect cook. I went with a double stacked snake that I lit at both ends (with a 2x2 head.) That ran pretty steadily at 200-208 for the 75 minutes it took these hunks of meat to reach an internal temp of 122. At that point, I had the Blackstone 22" screaming hot and I did my sear on the flat top. We sided up the steak with some CI mushrooms, and my daughter's skewered zucchini. Everything was delicious, and the ribeyes did not disappoint. I'm not sure why, but I always seems to think the "cutoffs" from the Christmas roast are always better when grilled up as steaks. Anyway, here are some pics:

Just hit 122F on the smaller one:
IMG_6495.jpeg

Blackstone gives a great sear:
IMG_6497.jpeg

Sautéed with butter, olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder:
IMG_6498.jpeg

Sliced beef:
IMG_6500.jpeg

My wife even broke out my mom's good plates:
IMG_6501.jpeg

Love the crust you got on those steaks, Rich! The whole dinner looks fantastic. Happy belated Birthday!!

I really hate it when the mailman loses my invitations to parties like this!
Looks wonderful! I’m about ready for a nice big ribeye! I’ll snag a bundle when I go to Costco!

Back