Baby it's cold outside.

Wish I could still do that, used to be kind of fun fighting the elements. Last night I cooked some burgers, it was 40 degrees out and I got so cold it took me over two hours to warm back up. Getting old sucks.
Going to be doing some wings on the vortex with the JJ tonight, it's supposed to get down to the low 30s high 20s. Can hardly wait.

It pains me to say it, but I'm firing up the OTG to do some NY strips.
It's -1 with a wind chill of - 20.

Tim

I'm going to do a rack of lamb in a few hours. Right now it's 67* & no wind. Life is cruel sometimes.

It pains me to say it, but I'm firing up the OTG to do some NY strips.
It's -1 with a wind chill of - 20.

Tim

You're a better man than I. High of +20 today with stiff winds. I opted to do the whole bird in the oven.

yes, it's chilly outside.

3YLf08oe6-XNMzxYv5w-TK4Zvn_6ph8HQLqJvZs5nW-Ev_zX8WxoPt7euDxpH4KMyS-s_rvzU8vADQZOvdtnojf6JWdTZgy0Hu32MLUW0uY4txAI7Wqspwta-pJPEClSvFqC9tfZgZ_3JVTqHnWS1K8_hUoo9jpJUi6W_1LRCdZj4H1YCVPP8E6fl9TAvcDd3VedS6HltxU0TJZYlrY4uKvaBtdubjWTbet5lJpJ7mJ_2LfqI3ymHa0XEsywUEEiyEov7bC-MZgPg9X6eBMVV6mJNsWToxDL3_6l5RWYtGoFji74VUD5qHILpKc7JkPdLCxZpEH4RPL_fkiHGbnueTM1dkO4m-LjBb9KR6oaJj-JiI6A2N5ipeOtRut2r5sywRfEtmL_AW0dOYA-SosBq0Tbaz2HT4aBVlBXdlvhdbplS8QNYRiT36-QFimSbaKF7OKh_uDE_p91BPigWzimFV7rI1u52dz7VesvE3T5sl-Un58PN6UJ41RmvB1yGPKRYFhVDUi6EaKRWLZvOvSYMiF5Gziok0aGGW8EKp4jlZnJIYhSJ03jeB9V9tTcnXvkZGh1dXcscDv0gK54rWENKV23Ve2hhSsNQBGDEvDn=w735-h618-no

Enough already. Now you guys have sent it to Florida. I did a Rotisserie Chicken last night with a 15 mph wind.. Had to put on long pants and a shirt over my Tee shirt. With the wind chill it was below 40 and that's cold down here. ;)

Bob, I'm glad I don't still live in Arnold. You're the man.

It's supposed to hit 42 Sunday, so I might have to dig out my shorts and flip flops.
By then it will be 14 straight days with temps below freezing, most well below.
Other areas have been colder, so I'm not complaining.

It's supposed to hit 42 Sunday, so I might have to dig out my shorts and flip flops.
By then it will be 14 straight days with temps below freezing, most well below.
Other areas have been colder, so I'm not complaining.

I agree. Got up to 15 today with little to no wind on the south side. West side was cold with a brisk wind.
I'm up on 41, installing windows on a 70.
Next week were having a heat wave, yea !:)

Tim

Ya' in our "neck-o-th-woods" -

The FIRST time that temperatures dip down into the 20-30 mark - we're all like "man!, it's COLD out there!"
End of January / February rolls around and temperatures go back UP to the 20-30 degree mark and we're all like "Hey! it's pretty NICE out there today"
take garbage out to curb in short sleeves, etc.

It's amazing what a few months of acclimation can do to your perspective...

I live in older construction, and even with two space heaters (gas / kerosene) the furnace is still coming on at times. The temps outside are pretty cold for this area (average winter daytime high is around 53°), and it's been below freezing for most of the week. I'm all smoked up for now, though. :smilekettle:

The worst cold weather in my lifetime occurred back in 1977. That was the year Buffalo, NY was covered in feet of snow. It stayed below freezing for at least a month around here, which caused the lakes to start freezing over.

Last edited:
Rusty, I'm loving this cold weather!! All the ponds have been frozen for several days now, and even the Yadkin River is about 85 percent frozen!! Thermometer shows 7* this morning, in Central NC, that's pretty darn cold!
Tim

It's 2° here this morning, just fed my birds and put a 3 lb. slab of cured pork belly on the Performer to get pecan smoked.
Sunny, no wind, so it's really not so bad out there.
40's and even some 50's by the end of this coming week, but snow, sleet, and rain tomorrow. :(

Well here in the mountains of Arizona it was 37 as a low and 72 as a high yesterday. Same for today and at least mid to high 60s the rest of the week. But not a drop of rain for the last four months. Very unusual weather for this time of the year, normal is teens at night, highs in the thirties and snow on the ground.
I need to get this big ol' smile off my face cuz I'm lovin it.

Back