Baby it's cold outside.

Rusty, I'm loving this cold weather!! All the ponds have been frozen for several days now, and even the Yadkin River is about 85 percent frozen!! Thermometer shows 7* this morning, in Central NC, that's pretty darn cold!
Tim

The Yadkin is freezing over? Man, it's a bit colder out your way than it is here.

My younger brother seems to relish this weather, but I stay inside when possible. (got a Roku for Christmas :D)

It's 2° here this morning, just fed my birds and put a 3 lb. slab of cured pork belly on the Performer to get pecan smoked.
Sunny, no wind, so it's really not so bad out there.

What?? :rolleyes:

I thought about smoking some meat, but a charcoal briquette reached up from the bag, bit me on the hand, and said, "No way, I'm not going outside!".

I pulled down the outside Christmas decorations today. :)

60 here yesterday - I should have done the same. Supposed to be upper 60's today, but rainy. By tomorrow, cold again with a high on Sunday around 30. Unfortunately, that is probably when I'll be out there.

Thursday was a high of 60 and rainy in the afternoon. That night temps dropped like a rock, in the teens, and Friday it was cold, in the 20's and 45mph gusts ( 70 mph gusts on the upper deck where I work )
Today was cold 4 degs this am and a real feel of just stay indoors.

Tim

Snow day tomorrow. Winter weather advisory starting tonite @ 6pm all the way to tomorrow 9pm.
8-12" forecasted and the Aurora/Montgomery/ Naperville area is gonna be nailed.
This whole week has been bad.. Below zero temps, high winds and terrible driving conditions.
On a plus note, Pitchers and Catchers report next week. :)

Tim

Snow day tomorrow. Winter weather advisory starting tonite @ 6pm all the way to tomorrow 9pm.
8-12" forecasted and the Aurora/Montgomery/ Naperville area is gonna be nailed.
This whole week has been bad.. Below zero temps, high winds and terrible driving conditions.
On a plus note, Pitchers and Catchers report next week. :)

Tim
thankfully, not in the Midwest. Tim, I hope you're ready. I never am.

We are under the same weather warning, 6-12” snow by tomorrow evening. Just filled the tank on the blower, car is full, Jeep full of dry gas (sits out) wood close to the back door for fireplace, freezer has plenty of food, I’ll make a short stop for some milk in the morning but, I’m not going anywhere except getting my wife to her office and back is all I’m hoping to need to venture out for. Booze cabinet is fairly well stocked, might need some frosty beverages, just two Fosters left in the beer cooler!

We have the opposite problem here. 40's to upper 50's here with rain this weekend. We had to cancel our ski trip. :(

I just stepped outside today, and one of our rose bushes is beginning to bud. A friend has buttercups greenery sticking out of the ground. I need to clean up some old yard debris, but rain is in the mix for the next few days. Temps are a bit above normal around here for the moment.

This will sound weird, but I am envious of some of the weather you guys are describing, the snow and rain that is. Not necessarily the extreme cold. I'm afraid we're seeing the beginning of another drought year here. It was 77 yesterday and has been that way for two weeks now. Set multiple all time high records for this time in February. We've had just over 10 inches of rain for the season, 10 inches below normal. The long range models are showing more of the same.

Have been enjoying near perfect summer weather all winter. and NO HUMIDITY. No rain either.

I think it's the pleasure/pain principle being played by the climate controller: first... get pleasure. second...

Well, since 9:00 last night we have had probably ten inches of snow with at least six more hours of white stuff to come. I’ve blown my driveway twice today and will need to do it again at least once today. Tomorrow will be more of the same!!
Actually, clearing the driveway was kind of fun today, it’s not brutally cold or too windy so getting sidewalks and so on cleaned out has been pretty easy.
Strange pleasure in this project today, I will be clearing off the kettle in a bit and firing some wings for dinner!

Don't envy you folks that are getting hammered with that cold and snow. Last three days here have been 74-76 and sunny. Rain expected next week and like Cliff said we are in a long drought which has been going on since 2002. The forecast for this coming fire season looks really bad, worst fire conditions since the drought began.

Rich, I would love to send you some snow to help with the drought, running out of places to put it:)
Close to a foot today, wasn't bad to move, light and fluffy, hate that backbreaking waiting for a heart attack wet stuff!

Tim

This will sound weird, but I am envious of some of the weather you guys are describing, the snow and rain that is. Not necessarily the extreme cold. I'm afraid we're seeing the beginning of another drought year here. It was 77 yesterday and has been that way for two weeks now. Set multiple all time high records for this time in February. We've had just over 10 inches of rain for the season, 10 inches below normal. The long range models are showing more of the same.

We too have had no snow to speak of at all this year. The radio said this week that this January was the driest & warmest on record. And it looks like it will be this way for a while.
The pine trees are in danger of being taken over from the pine beetles.
It will be a bad summer for fires, livestock, wildlife, the farmers & ranchers. We'll trade a foot or more of snow with you guys who are getting snow.

I agree Timothy, the snowblowing project yesterday was four stages by nightfall. It was actually kind of fun! I probably could have waited and done it twice but, it was quiet and traffic was light out there. My neighbor is kind enough to back blade out the end of my driveway so, I only need to clean that up some and I’m pretty well set.
I’m ready for spring though.

Mine would have been fun if I'd been able to get the snow blower running. I stupidly let it sit with fuel in it over the summer and I'm sure the carburetor is all gummed up. Not even a hint of it actually starting. So out came the snow shovel. Wasn't bad until I got to the end of the driveway and had to work through two feet of heavy stuff the plow had dumped there.

Round 3 or 4 starts tonite into tomorrow. Could be another 3-4-6" depending on who you listen to.
Now I got to start worrying about my roof. Supposed to be 36 on Wednesday with rain.
Gutters are froze solid and 12" + of heavy wet snow is not good on a low pitched roof.
Guess who's up on the roof tomorrow with a plastic shovel?:rolleyes:

Tim

Back