Baby it's cold outside.

It's 40 and the sun is out, like Ice Age the meltdown.
Went to the gas station at the bottom of the hill and saw a guy gassing up his classic 1950 Chevy pickup ( he was wearing shorts, flip flops and a Hawaiian shirt)
I laughed, honked and gave him a thumbs up.:)

Tim

I met a transplant from the Dakotas a while back, and they said the biggest difference with the weather up there, and the weather down here, is the temperature spread. It can be 5 degrees overnight in the Dakotas, but the daily high may not climb but just a few degrees. Down here, we can have 5 degrees for a low (not often, thankfully), and a high in the 20s or 30s. Usually, our night / day temp swing is about 30 degrees, more or less, but I have seen it higher than that.

Pammi's first trip to Maine was in 2001, about this time of year. My brother died in a cat accident, so we had to go to the funeral and deal with his ex. :rolleyes:
She's a god southern girl, and hadn't been north of the Mason-Dixon line. Much less in the middle of February!
We stopped at a rest area to double check the directions(no cell phone back then). When we got out of the car, it was 13* out at 3 in the afternoon! Pammi started cursing like I'd never heard her do before!
Whe I asked her what was wrong, she replied, "It's #@&^$*& ! COLD out!". She also stated that she understood why I didn't wear jackets that much! :D

It’s been a roller coaster temperature wise around here,
12- 15 one day then Thursday it was 42!
Now, it’s about 25, I’m ready for spring!

I'm absolutely sick of cold. Winter is just hangin on . I should've been able to fire up my stick burner , and spend today on my patio, tending the fire , listening to music, with some cold ones.

We're headed below freezing this evening, and aren't forecasted to get above freezing till Tuesday.

And we've had more overcast days , that I can ever recall. We haven't seen a lot of sun.

That would be welcome here. We're headed back BELOW 0 to about -15 tonight with a high tomorrow or only 13. So only freezing or a little above would feel like a summer breeze here

It's -9 F here, and in a couple of hours, I'm gonna go fire up my smoker. The high today is forecast is -1 F.

After our snow pounding last week with 26 inches, there isn't any snow left it's all melted and it's 10 am and 65 degrees, lovin it :D

Gonna have some grill time in this afternoon. Picked up 4 large prime rib eyes at Sam's today. Oldest daughter and son in law coming by for wife's birthday which was this past Tuesday. Going to make a nice rub and grill them up nice and easy on the garage queen Q320. Ribeye is better when not done high and hot but on the lower slower side. Gives all that fat and stuff time to melt oh so nicely into the meat

I'll try. I really like the 320. Mine needs to be gone through again. Been so damn cold and awful though none of my grills has received any attention at all. I'm lucky I even get to cook on them once in a while. This winter I have used the grill on my deck MAYBE 5 times. Most of them back in December when we had halfway decent weather. Been so bad didn't even want to bother going out to the garage to move a car for the Q320 so grilling has not been in the cards much. Very cold and windy this afternoon and going down to -15 tonight but at least it will be dry so I'll be in the garage. I will light up my little Mr. Heater IR heater too :D that and nice glass of scotch should help keep me warmed up

I'm pretty sure I saw the first hint of growth on a tree in my driveway - I noticed a small wilted leaf that didn't look like it could've made it through winter, & then the birds are back, I saw what appears to be a crab apple smaller than a cherry that I assume one of the birds dropped on my truck. I'm seeing flocks of birds & waterfowl now & then.

Not much more winter left.

DST is next week, 3/10. That ought to help with my attitude.

Drove up to Lindenhurst today to install a dishwasher for my Son.
Crusing by Six Flags in Gurnee made me think of warmer times ahead ( for sure ) but it's still dang cold out and getting colder as I type.
Started a pot of chili and cornbread when I got home ( indoors )

Tim

Weather folks here saying no end in sight to arctic stuff.............maybe by August we'll see above freezing

- 20 wind chills the last few days, they say up to 50 this weekend, prolly just a tease but I'll take it.:)

Tim

Around here, one of the TV people joked and said we should start having weather alerts for sunshine instead of storms, lol. The rain has been relentless at times, and one weatherman said we've had the wettest winter in 147 years.

I'm ready for drier weather and sunshine.

Our average day time high is 60* .......... we've not been anywhere near that. Barely over freezing.

Tomorow may reach 60 , but they say we've got more cold due next week.

I may never get my tomato plants in the ground this year.

Yep same here...............Listening to very famous weather guy around here yesterday. Said we may start getting to "normal" or slightly above but another polar vortex is due next week putting us back into the deep freeze AGAIN. I am convinced there will be no spring this year. I figure sometime around mid June we may start seeing 50's and then in July/August a couple 80's and right back to deep freeze by Sept/Oct.

Crazy weather here. Mid 60’s and rain last weekend, high on Wednesday was 40° and dry. Friday,Saturday,and Sunday upper 60’s to low 70’s and rain...
It’s no wonder everyone around here is sick...
Tim

Back