Anyone been watching BBQ with Franklin on PBS?

Other PBS stations are picking it up now. The first episode was on in Philadelphia this morning and starts in NYC on the 19th. I enjoy the interviews with others and Aaron's devotion to beer.

I enjoyed the shows and think he's a natural on tv. I can't imagine being that relaxed in front of the camera. It did inspire me to return so we can give snows a visit.
My only complaint was that he didn't attribute any BBQ style to the state of California. Argh.
Donna

The other thing that I noted was how the owner of Kruez mention that until 10 years ago, beef clod use to be more popular than brisket. I had clod at smitty's and I totally think beef clod deserves a better reputation because it was delicious. Thats on my next to do list!

My grandfather would smoke hundreds of pounds of shoulder clods in his backyard pit he dug. Also pork shoulders because this is the south. He did a lot of catering back in the day.

Franklin's Competition episode showed up on my DVR this week. I thought it was hilarious. Lots of KCBS bashing and Franklin adapting his barbecue to meet his perception what the judges were looking for.

He did not get a call and said something about being in the middle of the pack. Does anyone know how Aaron scored and placed in the competition? He joked about how ironic it would be if his brisket placed last.

The other thing that I noted was how the owner of Kruez mention that until 10 years ago, beef clod use to be more popular than brisket. I had clod at smitty's and I totally think beef clod deserves a better reputation because it was delicious. Thats on my next to do list!

I've had shoulder clod at Lockhart Smokehouse in Dallas. I agree. It's totally awesome.

They started airing it on our local station recently. We're about 3 episodes in, and I really like it.

I'm never going to build a pit, but it was interesting watching him do it and seeing all the variables that have to be decided along the way.

Right now it's the weekday feature show on the Create (createtv.com) channel here. 5:30pm and 8:30pm every weeknight.

Glad I saw this thread, i was able to catch the pit building episode earlier this week. Neat to see he has fab skills as well as BBQ skills.

I am really digging this series....been in a little cooking slump lately but I'm starting to think about BBQ more now!! Very cool show!

I've been very much enjoying all episodes.
Today, Sunday, Sept. 6 our local PBS station is showing a marathon of them, but I have all recorded already.

Back