Anybody grilling?

I shoveled my deck in shorts a couple days ago up here in Wisconsin. Any time it hits 30 this time of year, I am :smilekettle:
:)😃😊😍😁
Yeah, nice day today up here. We're in the Dells at the Kalamari. Re, the rotisserie? I think I am gonna pass. Since I got the pellet popper the idea of spinning ribs is not so hot on my list anymore. Plus we're paying through the nose here for fun things, I am looking to buy a second 12 string guitar and looking at possibly paying a few hundred to fix my Martin. Maybe in a lesser spending time :D

Yeah, nice day today up here. We're in the Dells at the Kalamari. Re, the rotisserie? I think I am gonna pass. Since I got the pellet popper the idea of spinning ribs is not so hot on my list anymore. Plus we're paying through the nose here for fun things, I am looking to buy a second 12 string guitar and looking at possibly paying a few hundred to fix my Martin. Maybe in a lesser spending time :D
LOL, thanks for funding the local economy here Larry. I feel sorry for for the tourists, but it seems like they have no problem paying through the nose for the lodgings and food prices. Since most of the tourists come from Chicago, I guess they are used to paying inflated prices for everything.

Haven't fired up any of my anti-PETA weapons since Christmas day. Just pulled a 12# ham, shank end, out of the freezer to thaw. Will be resmoking it on the kettle sometime over the weekend. Debating on whether to use trimmings from the pear tree or store-bought apple. Can't remember my smoker and grills sitting idle for this long since my memory went South:)

Last edited:
My 12-string became a sixer when arthritis set in 20 years back. It's been collecting dust for the past 10 or more. Lasted longer than my pipes, so must have been a good one :)

Drippy here too, but I wanted some Salmon. Gonna get some snow Wednesday night into Thursday. How about down there?

first full sunny day of 2023! going to fire up some chicken thighs and breasts on the WSK. craving real grilled food.

Did a nice piece of salmon tonight, not my best effort, MY fault, not the freaking beautiful piece of fish! First run with the 18” in quite a while, under fired simply stated just took longer than expected.

Back