Anybody grilling?

These guys got grilled on Friday night. Picanha is mt favorite cut of steak. I should have took more pictures as they were cooked perfect red edge to edge at 126.
View attachment 64984

This got cooked tonight. Full write up here.
View attachment 64985

And this just got prepping for tomorrow's night Ramen. I will smoke it as soon as I get home tomorrow. Both ramen broths where made last night.
View attachment 64986
View attachment 64987
Can you share this marinade/recipe? I bought tenderloins yesterday and am open to exploring new recipes for them.

Y'know, as a BGE owner myself, I'm tempted to say, let's see a wind blow that around...but I've learned to be careful for what I ask for!

I remember the time in the motorhome coming down from the Cajon Pass when the winds were whipping...coming crosswind on the 15 Fwy and I swear that MH came up on 3-wheels (6-wheeler, 2 in the front, 4 in the rear). After I pulled over and changed my underwear, we creeped home, trying to stay inline as much as possible.
But if a BGE does go over, it ain’t coming back up.

But if a BGE does go over, it ain’t coming back up.
Not without taking it apart... @Bryan Mayland has a GIF/picture of his after going over, off the edge of his patio while lit, I wish I could find it! But apparently, no harm no foul. But once you lock down the lid spring with a zip tie, the lid comes off the band and it and the bowl are light enough to move single-handedly.

I surrounded my grills with rocks and buckets of rocks tonight in the hopes the don’t move again. And they’re up against the house all tight. Fingers crossed. Today’s disaster stunk.

I surrounded my grills with rocks and buckets of rocks tonight in the hopes the don’t move again. And they’re up against the house all tight. Fingers crossed. Today’s disaster stunk.
My fingers AND toes are crossed for you and Dan. Tomorrow will be a better day.

Not without taking it apart... @Bryan Mayland has a GIF/picture of his after going over, off the edge of his patio while lit, I wish I could find it! But apparently, no harm no foul. But once you lock down the lid spring with a zip tie, the lid comes off the band and it and the bowl are light enough to move single-handedly.
Found it!

Burst_Cover_GIF_Action_135048616312975.gif

Wow, that was from wind? I am surprised those plants are still standing.
No, I think he said there is a 1/2" drop on his patio where the concrete ends and he was moving the BGE when it went over. You have to remember to avoid pushing the BGE around, always pull it. I think the BGE is too heavy for the wind to move, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Officially, 162lbs. for the large. There's a ceramic firebowl, extension ring, and plate setter that go inside and I'm not sure if that weight is included.

I have heard those BGE ceramic bowls are fragile/ prone to cracking just by moving them around.

I guess I heard wrong.

I have heard those BGE ceramic bowls are fragile/ prone to cracking just by moving them around.

I guess I heard wrong.
Nothing fragile about mine. I have had it for over 10 years and it has been problem free.

Y'know, as a BGE owner myself, I'm tempted to say, let's see a wind blow that around...but I've learned to be careful for what I ask for!

I remember the time in the motorhome coming down from the Cajon Pass when the winds were whipping...coming crosswind on the 15 Fwy and I swear that MH came up on 3-wheels (6-wheeler, 2 in the front, 4 in the rear). After I pulled over and changed my underwear, we creeped home, trying to stay inline as much as possible.
I had the same type of experience on the Cajon Pass with our travel trailer coming home from Bakersfield. Real high winds and it was a four wheel trailer up on two wheels and yanked the back of my F150 over about two feet. Gave a new meaning to being scared to death. I was lucky I saved it.

I had the same type of experience on the Cajon Pass with our travel trailer coming home from Bakersfield. Real high winds and it was a four wheel trailer up on two wheels and yanked the back of my F150 over about two feet. Gave a new meaning to being scared to death. I was lucky I saved it.
On that particular trip, the wind got up under the 17' passenger side awning even though is was rolled up and stowed properly and unfurled the awning over to the driver's side. That MH has a GVWR of 11,000lbs and the way my wife packs I was probably overweight. I know what you mean about being scared to death.

Last edited:
Nothing fragile about mine. I have had it for over 10 years and it has been problem free.
I was researching Kamado grills a while back, particularly Primo brand- made in the US.

I did read they were susceptible to cracking.

So I was surprised to see that photo of the big green egg on its side, fire blazing.

Irrelevant for me however- I purchased a Summit Charcoal a few months ago.

I had a Big Green Egg for a number of years. It was a great cooker, although I started using it much less after I got my Rec Tec RT-700 pellet grill. I kept my BGE in a full length wood cart and only moved it once or twice. I sold it because I was afraid it would not survive moving from Florida to Indiana.

We had 47 yesterday In northern IL. Felt like spring. Shorts and T-Shirt basking it in. We left for WI then yesterday pm about 2. What a change when we got here. Not even 100 miles north of us. Snow and ice on the ground 34 deg. Though honestly even 34 did not feel bad :D

Back