A few pork belly burnt ends

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
It's been a few years since I made PBBEs, made a small batch because Mrs Bob doesn't eat them.
Oakridge pork and chicken rub:

1626036243636.png

After about 3 hrs. at about 250, they went into a mix of Sweet Baby Rays, Maulls, and honey.

1626036425107.png

Here after another hour, ready to start clogging arteries:

1626036549212.png

Pig overload, we're having leftover pulled pork, from the freezer, for dinner.

I've been taking my miracle drug for a year this month, and it's still doing its thing, so far no progression.
Youngest grandchild (granddaughter) is 8 months old, has two teeth, and loves corn on the cob. I think she's about ready for some of gramp's que.

1626037033106.png

All that looks awesome Bob! Good to hear the miracle drug is doing it's thing.
I actually bought some of "your sardines" to try the other day. I'll probably have em' for lunch tomorrow and hit up your sardine thread.
I need to make some burnt ends pretty soon, not sure if I'm going beef or pork belly.
My 16 year old daughter looked kinda like that when she was a baby - that peach fuzz hair on babies is always cute.

I'm always grateful to read your status updates; I think about it often but wouldn't think of inquiring on my own. My wife Shelley whom is a mamo x-ray tech assures me there is an extremely high success rate from various treatments these days, across many types of cancer.

Do you start with a store-packaged PB to produce these same-day, or is it more involved?

Thanks so much everyone!
Do you start with a store-packaged PB to produce these same-day, or is it more involved?
The belly was fresh from Costco, I bought one of those packages with it cut into 1.5" wide strips, this was one of those.
My setup on the Performer was some B&B dumped around the edge, kind of snake like, and small chunks of hickory here and there. I'm liking the heck out of the B&B.

This is something else I really want to try - yours is an inspiration!
So happy to hear the meds are working well.

The granddaughter is a cutie! And if she can eat corn on the cob with 2 teeth, she is definitely
ready for Grampa's Que! I foresee a grill assistant for you in the very near future. ;)

Bob,
This has been on my short list for over a year. I have to make these! I am so glad I to hear the meds are working! Your grand daughter is beautiful and I would agree she is ready for some gramp's que. "Two teeth" was actually on the the first nicknames I ever had for my oldest daughter, it was one of my favorites.

Thanks so much everyone!

The belly was fresh from Costco, I bought one of those packages with it cut into 1.5" wide strips, this was one of those.
My setup on the Performer was some B&B dumped around the edge, kind of snake like, and small chunks of hickory here and there. I'm liking the heck out of the B&B.
How much $'s per pound of Costco belly?????

Good to see Bob and Jim posting some great stuff again, and then ChuckO is back at it as well.
Next thing we know TonyR and I wish Cliff Bartlett would post something.

Last edited:
I'm going to make these today, pics to follow. Got the Costco Pac, $4.79/lb. light EVVO and Spiceology ST; Satsquatch Stinger Sweet & Spicy Rub

At 4 hrs. at 247deg., I pulled then and added Honey and Trader Joes Classic BBQ sauce, and back on covered for 45 mins; delicious, didn't last long !

Attachments

• PBBE9.5.21.jpg
    PBBE9.5.21.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 5
  • PBBE9.5D.jpg
    PBBE9.5D.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Bob, Barb and I are so glad to here you are doing well. It's been a year for me this month that I spent a week in the hospital and damn near died due to blood poisoning. I realize how fragile life is.
Great cook, love the BE's and your grand daughter is a super cutie.

Back