2016 New Weber Products

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking it's a ceramic cooker, with gas assist similar to the Performer.
I'm not buying that it's a pellet pooper too, but who knows?

The cat is out of the bag

?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B007ZKUVPC/tvwb-20

81XgRwF3qaL._SL1500_.jpg

Guessing price point will be significantly higher than chargriller akorn ($350) & less than a tricked out BGE.($1200)
Hoping for $600, fearful of $750

I think that is wishful thinking. Whatever it is, I'd bet that it is pricier than you think. If it is a kamado, it will be priced MORE THAN a comparable BGE.

I don't remember all this secret squirrel hoopla b-4 they came out with the 22.5" WSM or the 26" OTG.

Tim

Someone named Paul Rutz on the Weber Kettle Fans Facebook group posted:

So I got the lowdown on the Big Announcement from Weber today. It is going to be their version of the Big Green Egg. From what I understand this unit will be metal instead of ceramic and their spin is, it will have many of the BGE's advantages, but it will be easier to control Temp. The issue with the BGE being built of Ceramic material, is if it gets too hot, you cant really cool it down because the unit retains so much heat. I am pretty excited, this could be really cool and a lot less expensive than the BGE.

Foreman's General Store in Colleyville, TX says on their website:

The NEW Weber Summit is coming!

The newest and most versatile Weber Summit model yet arrives soon at Foreman’s General Store— Stay tuned here and on our Facebook page for more details!​

So additional confirmation of the product being a Weber Summit.

Dickson BBQ posted on Instagram:

*IT'S COMING*
We've just been introduced to the NEW Weber Top Secret Grill that's been whispered but never spoke about.
We heard this secret grill was developed for 10 years in a high security, secret unknown location, where the world's most innovative and creative minds came together to design and create this new breed #weber #BBQ #grillofalifetime
THIS IS AWESOME! Coming April 6th, 2016. Stay tuned.​

The cat is starting to peek out of the bag.
I'm still predicting gas assist lighting for the charcoal.
It seems Weber can't come up with new names for their products.

The cat is starting to peek out of the bag.
I'm still predicting gas assist lighting for the charcoal.
It seems Weber can't come up with new names for their products.

I'm wondering if it's gas assist to light charcoal or if it's a real gas burner or sear station burner in addition to charcoal? The reason I say that is because the knob looks like the sear station lighting/temp control knob you see on a Summit gas grill, not the little gas assist push-button found on the current Performer.

It could be a strictly gasser run version of a BGE with a smoker chamber for pellets, chips or chunks... maybe?

Tim

I predict it's a metal kamado style cooker with gas assist and sear station...

I wish it's a metal kamado style cooker with multi-fuel options and built in ATC system.

Inside info: the new smoker is a metal type keg smoker with gas light assist for charcoal. According to spy's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back