You know you're getting old when...

Pammi and I are feeling every bit of our early 60's tonight.
My niece moved from Maine to Asheville earlier this year
She fairly quickly realized that her boyfriend was a loser alcoholic, and met another guy that she hit it off with pretty quickly and moved in with him
Come to find out that this guy has a "victim" mentality and drinks almost as heavily as the first guy!
She left him around Christmas of last year. She stayed with us for a few weeks and git her head straight.
But, she had a storage room full of most of her belongings in a storage room in Asheville still
Pammi and I road tripped up to Asheville and got her stuff with a Uhaul trailer yesterday and unloaded it yesterday here in Charlotte
TODAY was the fun part. All of her stuff had to go upstairs to the spare bedroom!
I had a neighbor lined up to help with the very heavy and floppy king sized memory foam mattress, but Pammi said that she could do it
20 minutes later, it was up there!
And I took about 45 trips up and down the stairs to bring most of her stuff upstairs
Needless to say, Phil is a tired old mutt tonight!

Having just moved (and still settli6/sorting), I get it. Our daughter is still adjusting to a terrible divorce after 25 years. We helped her through move and reestablishing a career late last year. You and she will survive and hopefully completely resurrect her life. Best to you all.

I’m glad that I seem to be relatively healthy, this has been the season for medical excitement in the family!
SIL cataract surgery, both eyes, while she was recovering, 42 year old nephew had an aneurysm in his ankle, threw a clot requiring serious arterial surgery, during that he had a heart attack! Trip to the cath lab which showed three serious aneurysms and the need for five bypasses! Last Friday,SWMBO went in for an implant to help with AFIB. The “up” side of it all is, SIL can see like she was 25 (almost) nephew is home with his parents for his recovery and doing pretty well, Miss Sandy is home, a little bruised but, recovering well.
i really don’t want to see the inside of a hospital for a while!

The Oldsmobile guy told me the same thing!
I really liked my “Achieva“ with the goat pee to gasoline package! Hot car, yep! Did I get in trouble? Nah. I was too old but, it was FUUUNNNNNNN to drive!
”Not my fathers Oldsmobile”, yes but, he really enjoyed driving it! My wife looked super hot driving it too!
We took a road trip to Fort Benning to bring her son home for leave and she drove through the gunnery range with noted pass and EVERYONE knew there was a pretty blond in a hot car headed into camp! She was certainly noticed!
I love my wife!

Last edited:
Yes. Many Buicks actually. When you look at the VIN if you see the letter "C" it's a Chinese made. I saw lots of them while working for the rental car company. Mostly the little SUV Buick sells. GM wants to shift pretty much all Buick building to China. Because they sell more Buicks in China than just about anywhere else

Back