Yeti CI pan, wait until you see the price.

Jesus H!
I still don't get why people love Yeti so much.
Get a good old fashioned Coleman or Igloo, drill a hole in the lid, fill with a couple cans of that Great Stuff foam, and BAM. Ya got a Yeti 😂

They will sell out! How ridiculous! Love the tumblers, coolers are too much a “status symbol“ for me. I’m not headed into bear country with a cooler full of beer to tempt a grizzly so, I can stick with my forty odd year old Coleman for long trips and the plastic one for the cooler trolley, a cast iron for $400!!!????? I don’t think so.

It is like girls buying Coach or Prada hand bags for thousands of dollars each. If you want the best, you pay for it. You may get the "best" but the value is certainly not there because the lower tier products are just not a very big step down. You are buying the name and status that comes along with them.

We like Yeti tumblers, ramblers, RTIC coolers and Lodge cast iron pans. We draw the line at Yeti coolers and cast iron pans.

It is like girls buying Coach or Prada hand bags for thousands of dollars each. If you want the best, you pay for it. You may get the "best" but the value is certainly not there because the lower tier products are just not a very big step down. You are buying the name and status that comes along with them.
Sadly, the same could be said about Weber gas grills of at least the last dozen years or so....

Last edited:
Somebody is seriously proud of that product. And as much as I i'd agree with the Yeti mugs & cups...... there's no way that I could justify that price. It's just a cast iron pan, and molding cast iron is one of the best known technologies out there. Even a light machining step afterwards isn't going to switch the cost much. Honestly, what on earth does it do that the cheapest CI on the market not?

I actually did a test of a YETI tumbler and one I got done Monoprice for like $10.

Filled both with ice water and left on the counter, measuring on a regular interval. Both behaved exactly the same - ice melted at the same rate.

Not a fully scientific test but for 3x the cost, I expected a bigger difference.

For two of my cast iron pans I spent about 220.00 with free shipping. I have no problem with anyone spending their money on what they want. Just think about it people out there think what we spend on our grills is crazy so I say to each his or her own!

Back