Yeti CI pan, wait until you see the price.

I'm cooking outdoors.
I have a campfire.
Should I spend 4 hundo or 40 bucks on a skillet?
Well, $150,000+ vehicle that only leaves paved roads for a campground,
$600 Yeti cooler, matching Yeti tumblers, extra Yeti soft side cooler with cheap wine
Packing in $50 in cheap beer, $200 in overpriced steaks,
Why use a $20 dollar skillet to just fry the steaks?
I won’t be getting on this bandwagon.
But, it’s the guy across the street from me!

Love my lodges but hate that they are not smoothed from the factory.
That I'll agree with, I do greatly prefer a machined finish to a sandcast finish. OTOH, I'm pretty sure that my 60 year old Griswold didn't have a machined finish, and it'd not far from glass smooth. If the finish is that rough, I'd probably take it out to the garage and take down the nubs with some 100, maybe 200, grit sand paper (machine assisted in some fashion.) Gotta be careful to not take too much off or create ripples. And based on other folks' experience, it's also fairly easy to go too far. Seasoning apparently does need something bite onto.

The only reason I see to pay above the $15 or so dollars for an off the shelf lodge is if you wanted to save weight and were buying something like this

I’m such a COB, you better have a great product that I need or a good crowbar to pry $400 from my hands.
I dig my Yeti tumblers but I’ve never paid for one.
I like having a cooler that will keep ice for near a week in the Black Rock Desert so I cover my nice but cheap no name one with extra blankets and keep it in the shade.
Heck just a few minutes ago I read you could put a flapper wheel on a $15 Lodge and I’m thinking it would be every bit as good as a spendy one.
$400?
No thank you,

My wife and I inherited a griswold CI skillet. I see them selling for $300 to $400 on Ebay. I sure wouldn't have paid that myself nor did the person that first purchased it. To me there has to be a real world benefit to spend more on something. 1 example ss grates vs chrome plated without getting into detail. I will also pay a bit more for American or non Chinese made items. I can buy a USA made cooler much cheaper then a Yeti and they do just as well if not better. The testing you see all over YouTube or Google searches puts a quick end to anything more then them being anything more than a status symbol. I can also buy USA made CI skillet cheaper then the one shown from the original post that are more quality built. They're also generational hand me downs that will last for multiple generations like the griswold we have that is on the 4th generation. They won't be as cheap as the griswold was but are cheaper then the yeti.

It's like golf balls? Just to say I have the most expensive ones just before you hit it out of bounds. :) Just to clarify, when I was playing golf I would buy the latest and greatest golf balls and make a sample pack to give as Christmas presents. I also threw in 3 ladies balls into the sample pack as a joke. I usually liked the ladies balls better and they never got stolen during play.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
We like Yeti tumblers, ramblers, RTIC coolers and Lodge cast iron pans. We draw the line at Yeti coolers and cast iron pans.
Personally, I drew the line at the Yeti five gallon bucket and the yeti dog bowl.... But then there was the yeti lunch box I saw not too long ago....

I’ve got brand new lodges for $389.00 and I’ll even throw in a sanded surface w/seasoning at no additional cost.
You can tell all your friends this has that new custom treatment.
Get them while you can folks I I predict these will sell fast at this price.

I would guess the people responsible for manufacturing that cookware are competent people.

IMG_6355.jpeg

Back