WSM wings

George P

TVWBB Member
:cool:Hi guys. Well I was home alone today so I decided to make some wings. No pan. Almost 2 chimneys of briquettes and a couple of pieces of hickory. One hour later and voila!
wings1_zps4xqiwsdy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
wings2_zps2rcxikm1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
wings3_zps9hksonhs.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

what did you sauce them with?

Since it's just you I'd make a large bet that you have some leftovers :)

(that's a lotta wings! on your 22.5)

Mmmmm, wings. Looks great, George! I need to have a poker party so I can have an excuse to make up a mess of wings! :)

Rich

I mostly cook wings just this way. I change the spices and sauce from time to time just for variety. I also will do some indirect on the Performers and finish over direct just to "keep my hand in" with the grill.

Variety is the spice of life.;)

George P;
That's VERY nice bunch of wings, my friend!
Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Last edited:
As if my craving for some wings wasn't bad enough, I love chicken off the WSM and it's funny, the first time I did a batch of nothing but wings I had guys at the shop going bonkers because they've never had smoked wings.

I had some sauce left from my last pork butt. I add some of the rub I used on the wings and some Frank's Red Hot sauce

You know when I look at the first pic they kind of look like frog legs. That's something I want to try. Has anyone done frog legs?

Frog legs, now there's something I haven't had since I was considerably younger, give ya an idea of how young, gas was .35 a gallon

Those are just outstanding wings George, it looks like you may have a few left over. I've found that left overs are always better a day or two later, that is if they last that long.;)

That's a lot of wings. Hope you got full. They look super.
You are lucky. It's getting hard to find wings with the tip on them around here.
We miss that.

Another successful wing night. The better half loved them. I love doing the wings this way. Sorry I forgot to take pics this time. I was how you say pre-occupied

Wings look awesome, as to the other idea, I may have to try Frog legs......especially since I live down the bayou.

Back