Wing Night Vortex Style On WPD

They turned out well. Kept the cook simple this time...didn’t touch anything for 33 minutes. Then sauced 1 side only with 3 different sauces. Didn’t bother rotating lid or anything.

Debating if I should ever bother flipping them and/or sauce both sides or not.

Those look really good!!!

I still have never tried the whole "foil under the chicken to keep the grill clean" technique. Does it mess with the convection of the Vortex at all? Does it add to it?

They turned out well. Kept the cook simple this time...didn’t touch anything for 33 minutes. Then sauced 1 side only with 3 different sauces. Didn’t bother rotating lid or anything.

Debating if I should ever bother flipping them and/or sauce both sides or not.
After saucing did you just cook until they looked right or did you have a certain time in mind?

I know the timing now based on my last cook. It was about 40 mins give/take a couple mins. The vortex has the dome temp at like 650 the whole cook. Last time I used the thermapen and most wings temped between 170 and 190.

I sauced at 33 mins and kept checking them until I pulled them...didn't want the honey garlic ones to burn.

I rinsed them and put them on a baking sheet and patted them as dry as I could.

Then I tossed them in a salt / pepper / granulated garlic / corn starch mix. Roughly 3x the corn starch as the other seasoning.

Put them back on a baking sheet and put them in the fridge for a couple hours. Took them out of the fridge about 30mins before going on the grill.

Back