Who Else Misses Bugs Bunny?

John K BBQ

TVWBB All-Star
The human mind works in strange ways, or maybe it's just mine. I goofed up a little bit on something yesterday and some how I thought of Bugs Bunny's map reading problem on his way to Pismo Beach... maybe it was Chris's nostalgic Weber Poster from 1989 that made me think back a ways? I was mostly done with Bugs Bunny by then, but apparently 40 years later Bugs isn't done with me! Did you watch cartoons? What was your favorite character or set of characters?

Here's a picture of my old friend trying to solve one of his most memorable conundrums ;)

pismo beach.png

When I was a kid, I had no idea how much I was learning when watching Wile E Coyote punch the clock, and get is butt kicked by the sheep dog all day, clock out, and say "see ya tomorrow"

"Pronoun trouble." Or.... "What were you expecting of an opera? A happy ending?" :D

11 volumes of Warner Brothers' Golden Classics are here on the shelf, and ripped to my media server.

I remember a Rocky and Bullwinkle episode where Boris and Natasha were on board a Russian airplane “with 2 left wings”.

All the Bugs Bunny characters were great, I loved, I say I loved, I say I loved Foghorn Leghorn aand Yosemite Sam.

The bleeding hearts have sterilized everything holy
What I've ripped (7 volumes, not 11, not enough coffee this morning,) is the original productions, including the Gashouse Gorillas, the gremlin as well as some very very unflattering depictions of Japanese culture.

While I do very much prefer the original productions..... there are some aspects that are rather abhorrent.

Absolutely loved all those Warner Bros/ Merry Melodies characters. Grew up laughing and giggling at their antics. Toss up on which on was my favorite. But the two that stand out for me are Daffy Duck and Foghorn Leghorn. “I say, I say you can’t catch a chicken hawk thatta way boy”

Cartoons have to be taken like the Bible. You have to keep in mind the present day culture of when they were written/produced.
There's a disclaimer to that effect on all of the Golden Classics discs except Vol. 1.

I may have to spin up the operas this morning.

I don't know about where you live, but a little while ago they started showing these cartoons here on Sat. morning.

My favorite then and now, TWEETY!!!!!!

I also was a very big comic book collector. Every once in a while I would go off with a big box of comic books to my friends/neighbors houses and we would trade. My favorite comic book was "SUPERMAN" and "WONDER WOMAN".

Last edited:
“What’s Opera, Doc?” Is one of the most brilliant pieces of cartoon artistry ever produced! The “Hoedown” scene with Bugs as the dance caller is another genius bit. Sadly, that’s been deemed unacceptable too!
Yes, there are some very dated episodes but, it’s really a page of history which we seem to be trying to cover up. These parts of our history are important and need to be accessible and kept in mind from their historical standpoint!
The current crop of CGI sewage has little soul in my opinion. It’s rubbish and people accept it! Give me Chuck Jones or Tex Avery or Segar for that matter (I still love Popeye!) any day of the week!

So - you were getting a lesson in reality? LOL :D
YES! My first few jobs were all factory jobs where I was a QA person. I'd go to work and fight all day with the production crew about if the product was good enough or not, then, we'd leave work and go drink beer and shoot pool and get along fine and go back and do it all over again the next day. Totally learned that from Wile E Coyote. ;)

I don't know about where you live, but a little while ago they started showing these cartoons here on Sat. morning.

My favorite then and now, TWEETY!!!!!!

I also was a very big comic book collector. Every once in a while I would go off with a big box of comic books to my friends/neighbors houses and we would trade. My favorite comic book was "SUPERMAN" and "WONDER WOMAN".
I have two cats in my house and always call them "Puddy Tats". I asked my 15 year old today if she know why I called them that and she didn't. So... today I re-introduced her to tweety bird, it made her smile a little ;)

Back