Who Else Misses Bugs Bunny?

I always loved the line.... you knew the job was dangerous when you took it Fred!

Theyr flew in the Super Coop!

yes, I am a major cartoon fan, even at my age.

I’ll admit to watching Marlin Perkins Mutual of Omaha‘s Wild Kingdom with my family.

My dad was a Hugh TV fan and we were the first in our Neighborhood to have color TV. Woohoo!! 25 inch, weighed bout 100 lbs. I always loved the handle on top that said portable......

As always, Please remember to turn LEFT at Albuquerque......

Last edited:
My grandparents had a Philco-Ford color console TV with remote control. But that remote control was not a toy! You weren't allowed to mash down on the channel up/down button so that the mechanical tuner was going ka-chunk, ka-chunk, ka-chunk continuously through the 13 channels. You were supposed to press and let go, one channel at a time, so you didn't wear out the mechanism.

I also remember the channel knob breaking on our old black & white TV and having to turn the channels using a pair of pliers! Good times.

I’ll admit to watching Marlin Perkins Mutual of Omaha‘s Wild Kingdom with my family.

My dad was a Hugh TV fan and we were the first in our Neighborhood to have color TV. Woohoo!! 25 inch, weighed bout 100 lbs. I always loved the handle on top that said portable......

As always, Please remember to turn LEFT at Albuquerque......
DH said that is from a Bugs Bunny cartoon, is that correct?

Ask anyone over the age of 60 and I’ll bet they know the lyrics to The Beverly Hillbillies or Gilligan’s Island shows.
“Come listen to my story about a man named Jed..............”
“Oohhh sit right back and hear a tale................."

The human mind works in strange ways, or maybe it's just mine. I goofed up a little bit on something yesterday and some how I thought of Bugs Bunny's map reading problem on his way to Pismo Beach... maybe it was Chris's nostalgic Weber Poster from 1989 that made me think back a ways? I was mostly done with Bugs Bunny by then, but apparently 40 years later Bugs isn't done with me! Did you watch cartoons? What was your favorite character or set of characters?

Here's a picture of my old friend trying to solve one of his most memorable conundrums ;)

View attachment 28435

John, I can't thank you enough for starting this thread. You get my vote for 'BEST THREAD EVER!!"

I think we all needed this trip to better times. I know I did. Thank you again. :love:

Let us not forget Ozzie and Harriett, Leave It to Beaver, Happy Days, Lavern and Shirley

Ask anyone over the age of 60 and I’ll bet they know the lyrics to The Beverly Hillbillies or Gilligan’s Island shows.
“Come listen to my story about a man named Jed..............”
“Oohhh sit right back and hear a tale................."
My band has been singing that for well over 40 years!

Back