What's on tap/brew schedule?

Mash water coming up to temp. Getting those water adjustments ready. Got a nice breeze down on the coast today hopefully it keeps up. Morebeer FW DBA kit today.
I have a Morebeer kit on tap - it's the Fresh Squeezed IPA. Somehow I have slipped into the habit of buying ingredients by the batch. I am planning to brew this one a couple weekends from now:

I stopped brewing a few years ago. Too much other stuff going on. But I kept up making cider. Currently on tap: Apple Pomegranate Cider. Fermenting are 5 gal of regular apple Cider and 5 gallons of pear cider. I am experimenting right now.

For the first time in over a decade I am out of HomeBrew. My hernia surgery and travel set me back. So, I brewed this past week and with any luck will brew tomorrow or Sun and then again later next week or early the week after in an effort to play catch up. According to the FedEx website, I am going to get 6-row, flaked corn and some cluster hops to add to my on hand ingredients to brew a KY Common. This is a special beer for me. NSDQ!2FA44999-D3D8-41AC-91EB-FDCA8E08BD72.jpeg

Just now boiling my 3rd Iteration of a Voodoo Ranger likeness. I've been waiting for about a year, since William's Brewing first showed the Dry Hop Valve on their web site. Finally got it. Trying it out today.
[ ]

MoreBeer has had something similar for a few months but it's PCO 1881 on one end and 3/4" NPT on the other. This one is PCO 1881 on both ends, so no need for an expensive contraption to go along with it. Just 1n 8 oz. water bottle.

I like that dry hop valve. I dry hop during active fermentation in an effort to reduce/eliminate O2. … but it’s open the lid and throw in the bag.

I've been scared of dry hopping.
Maybe one day.
I'm currently drinking French Saison and Ukranian tripel and getting ready to bottle my simple ciders (poured on old beer trub of those beers)

Will be kegging a special bitter after I get the lawns done, grills cleaned and tie a couple of the wife's roses onto their trellises. That may or may not happen today:) File attached:

Attachments

Taking a stab at a dark lager today, trying to get close to moonlights death and taxes. A mix of pilsner and Munich malt with about 10% dark grain(chocolate, roast, black patent). I had all that beautiful lager yeast from the maibock I just couldn't let it go to waste. Holy mackanoli it's warm today! Hopefully will be wrapping up by noon. Anyone else doughing in today?

I floated my cream ale keg this week, but it's going to be probably a month before I get the time to brew up something. Probably a Kolsch or the like.

Taking a stab at a dark lager today, trying to get close to moonlights death and taxes. A mix of pilsner and Munich malt with about 10% dark grain(chocolate, roast, black patent). I had all that beautiful lager yeast from the maibock I just couldn't let it go to waste. Holy mackanoli it's warm today! Hopefully will be wrapping up by noon. Anyone else doughing in today?
Not until Monday or so. Got a couple pounds of Triumph pellets when YVH had a sale a few months ago and have been wanting to try them. Doing a single hopped APA. 10# 2-row, .5# Carafoam, .5# Crisp C-60. Triumph (10.6%AA), 1 oz. at 60, 10 &1. Batch size = 5.25 gal. OG = 1.054. IBUs = 50. Fermenting at 153 with MJ Liberty Bell and looking at ~5.4% ABV.

Back