What's on tap/brew schedule?

Coming up on the middle of boil for a Voodoo Ranger like IPA. Mash stuck with about 5 minutes remaining. Took a full hour to run 3 gallons of sparge water through but came up 6 points above expectation. A little adjustment to the hop schedule and it's all good. The Chinook bittering aroma is driving me mad. Love the dank.
[ ]

Got a Smithwick's like Red Ale I brewed about 3 1/2 weeks ago on tap and an Amber cold crashing right now. The Smithwick's is amazingly close to the real thing. Next in line is my second iteration in an attempt to clone Voodoo Ranger. Just a couple of changes in the hop schedule after a bit too much harshness and not enough aroma in the first one.

Just started a 2L starter that I will probably build up again on Thursday for a Hacker--pschorr Oktoberfest clone I'm brewing Sunday.

I've been using Austin homebrew for my supplies but saw the price of us-05 at almost ten dollars! Dang! So I think I'm going to try more beer again and get a Firestone dba kit. Anyone else planning on firing up this weekend?

Just started a 2L starter that I will probably build up again on Thursday for a Hacker--pschorr Oktoberfest clone I'm brewing Sunday.

I've been using Austin homebrew for my supplies but saw the price of us-05 at almost ten dollars! Dang! So I think I'm going to try more beer again and get a Firestone dba kit. Anyone else planning on firing up this weekend?
Gary, at those prices, start washing the yeast from your fermentation vessel, or grab a bit from your starter to propagate! That's NUTS!!

So I just went back and looked. When just adding us05 to my cart it is the normal 5-ish dollars. When selecting as an add on for a beer kit it is close to ten dollars. Very odd. I'll have to watch and see, maybe it's just a website goof. They have changed a few things lately. I've been super happy with Austin homebrew for the past year so hopefully there is a simple explanation.

So I just went back and looked. When just adding us05 to my cart it is the normal 5-ish dollars. When selecting as an add on for a beer kit it is close to ten dollars. Very odd. I'll have to watch and see, maybe it's just a website goof. They have changed a few things lately. I've been super happy with Austin homebrew for the past year so hopefully there is a simple explanation.
That sounds like a website glitch! Back in my brewing days, I purchased from AHB plenty of times, with no issue. MoreBeer was my primary, as they bought my local shop. I usually had at least four of my favorite yeasts in mason jars for a spur of the moment brew day (along with sacks of 6-row, lots of specialty malts, and more gear that my wife knew about!) :)

R

Dang! They're proud of that stuff. RiteBrew has US-05 for $2.79 and they'll send small things via USPS, so 3 packets would be under $12 w/shipping.

Won't be firing up but will be plugging in :) Just about ready to start my second iteration of a Voodoo Ranger likeness. Starting to get caught up. Got my Smithwick's Red and an American Amber on tap and will be doing a batch of Black Currant Cider later in the week.

I've got a Moose Drool brown ale clone that's been in fermentation for far too long, just haven't had a chance to keg it yet. Won't be brewing again until I free up a tap.

I had to have a hernia repaired which has put my brewing on hold. I can do everything but carry a fermenter to the basement where the ferment fridge is. I was hoping to be cleared for lifting at my follow up but the surgeon said two more weeks. I have two partially filled kegs tapped but i have an empty keg waiting which is unusual.

Back