What are you cooking for the 4th?

Pulled these out of the freezer, will smoke them. Haven’t had the best luck with Chucks, but I keep trying. Open to suggestions 👍🏻
Well I've tried multiple times and they've all ended up in the trash. I'm done with it unless someone can "hold my hand" through it. Now if I do one in my oven or pressure cooker? To die for. IDK why I can pull off some rockin brisket but a chuckie? Fuggedaboudit. Always FUGATZ

Well I've tried multiple times and they've all ended up in the trash. I'm done with it unless someone can "hold my hand" through it. Now if I do one in my oven or pressure cooker? To die for. IDK why I can pull off some rockin brisket but a chuckie? Fuggedaboudit. Always FUGATZ
I’m going to try this:

I do chuck roast 3-2-1 and it turns out great. I do the 2 hour in a foil tray with a cup of beef broth and foil the top of the tray, that is the key. The chuck braises for 2 hours then the last hour take the foil off and the crust will tighten back up plus you have some nice au jus to serve with the meat.

We are having a pot luck dinner party.
I’m doing the brisket and some seafood, neighbor is bringing a pork butt and the rest of our family and friends always do a great job with side dishes and things like that.

On another note,
Our area allows large fireworks and the neighborhood (land owners) spends tons of money on this.
Thankfully our dogs don’t freak out over this.
I once had a dog that would shiver in fear under blankets on this night.
I urge all to think about their pets and have their collars on.
I know some people that even sedate their pooches.
I say these words as a person living remotely that has firework's at his parties.

I do chuck roast 3-2-1 and it turns out great. I do the 2 hour in a foil tray with a cup of beef broth and foil the top of the tray, that is the key. The chuck braises for 2 hours then the last hour take the foil off and the crust will tighten back up plus you have some nice au jus to serve with the meat.
Than why bother with a grill or smoker? Where I am TRULY jealous and puzzled is seeing people do a chuck on their smokers (pellet or otherwise), and taking off beautiful fall apart roast. Honestly drives me nuts that I can't accomplish that.

Back