What are you cooking for the 4th?

Ate more and drank more than I think I have in the last year. Ooof! Scotch, Italian aperitif with sparkling water, 2 glasses wine, pork roast, and ribs (which the ribs were AWSOME and I wish now I'd ONLY cooked ribs) like I mentioned in another thread the roast was WAY too lean to take it to 140 and then a rest. Honestly should have pulled it at 130 (135 max) then wrapped and rested. But tasty, great color and ring. Big Z did incredible work as always.
Then had Chocolate Mousse Cake (4th July special from Costco see "The Deal Guy" to learn more), daughter brought tiramisu, and eclairs as well.
And then I pulled 4 doubles of espresso on the KitchenAid with the last of the Peet's MD coffee, with anisette, frothed cream, and a lemon twist.
I did not sleep well last night. Just WAY WAY too stuffed and over imbibed.
Anyway only low point was we missed the Cherry Valley fireworks display. For the first time in over 30 years watching them THIS year they had to start "on time" rather than half hour late :(

Have not done anything noteworthy in several weeks, I’ve just not been very”driven”, I need to get motivated! I might spin a chicken tomorrow, wife's son and the granddaughter are enjoying some time at the cottage so, two less for dinner. They were goi g to watch fireworks from under the bridge! Color me jealous!
Oh,I just did some Nathan’s dogs on the 18”, broccoli slaw and, Modelo Negra!

Yesterday was a workout, ungodly heat and humidity. Was using the SF and Silver A. Both grills in the 400f range, everytime I opened the lid to flip or move something it was like being in a sauna. Halfway through cooking veggies on the silver A my gas ran out. Great, let's go get a spare tank from the shed that been baking in the sun all day!
Thank god everything turned out great. The pork tenderloin was awesome but the first white corn of the season was the thing I looked forward to the most.
Overall, even with the heat, it was a good day to be home and enjoy the holiday.

Ate more and drank more than I think I have in the last year. Ooof! Scotch, Italian aperitif with sparkling water, 2 glasses wine, pork roast, and ribs (which the ribs were AWSOME and I wish now I'd ONLY cooked ribs) like I mentioned in another thread the roast was WAY too lean to take it to 140 and then a rest. Honestly should have pulled it at 130 (135 max) then wrapped and rested. But tasty, great color and ring. Big Z did incredible work as always.
Then had Chocolate Mousse Cake (4th July special from Costco see "The Deal Guy" to learn more), daughter brought tiramisu, and eclairs as well.
And then I pulled 4 doubles of espresso on the KitchenAid with the last of the Peet's MD coffee, with anisette, frothed cream, and a lemon twist.
Anyway only low point was we missed the Cherry Valley fireworks display. For the first time in over 30 years watching them THIS year they had to start "on time" rather than half hour late :(
What was your aperitif? We started with Aperol Spritz's yesterday. Nice and refreshing on a steamy day.

Hahahaha Larry! I love the deal guy’s Costco runs.

View attachment 95013

Making one of my favorite meals. Ribeye steaks, stuffed mushrooms and asparagus/tomato. I think I'm going to make some potatoes too but I'm not sure what yet maybe potato salad.

Preparing food listening to music. Something I love to do. Listening to The Cars: Heartbeat City. Hard to believe this album came out 40 years ago.
Love this post, Josh. I hear you on the music thing: I can pretty much only cook if I've got tunes playing.

How'd that meal turn out? Looks outstanding. Those mushrooms!!

Back