What are you cooking for the 4th?

Pulled these out of the freezer, will smoke them. Haven’t had the best luck with Chucks, but I keep trying. Open to suggestions 👍🏻
My one experience with a chuckie was okay, but it seemed like it was definitely meant to be pulled apart and the fat discarded, not sliced like brisket. I know some call it poor man's brisket, but I just didn't get that vibe. More like a beef version of a pork butt, but smaller. I will probably smoke one again some time in the future, but with the proper expectations.

I’ll admit I was a fan of their previous albums, especially their first album, but Drive might be my favorite Cars song. This album was the beginning of the end of The Cars. Ric was a talented musician, but he was an odd duck
As an audiophile & a huge proponent of vinyl, I need to chime in. Here is a pic of there first 4 out of 5 LP. These have been remastered from the original tape via Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs on 180G vinyl in Chicago. Most recently their self-titled LP & Candy-O were repressed by Rhino records & have had very favorable reviews. Long live classic rock, I am sorry for the lecture.
IMG_6392.jpg

Good grief, it's finally over.

Turkey breast halves turned out great. I didn't screw up the grilled marrow bones, but trying to do strip steaks and bread at the same time was a mistake (BIG flames). Cooked 1/2 lb. of bacon and added it to a can of baked beans and completely forgot about them. Dealt with sugared up 7 and 4-year-old grandkids. Things didn't go quite as expected when somebody tried to mess with the Panic button on a car remote, thought for sure the cops would show up. But somehow dinner got on the table in the expected timeframe, although I was dripping by then and had to take a quick laundry room shower to become functional again.

I need a nap. But I'll have that one last beer first.

As an audiophile & a huge proponent of vinyl, I need to chime in. Here is a pic of there first 4 out of 5 LP. These have been remastered from the original tape via Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs on 180G vinyl in Chicago. Most recently their self-titled LP & Candy-O were repressed by Rhino records & have had very favorable reviews. Long live classic rock, I am sorry for the lecture.
View attachment 95092
Very cool! Thank you for sharing?
What do you have for your setup? If you don't mind me asking?

Very cool! Thank you for sharing?
What do you have for your setup? If you don't mind me asking?
Well I am a bit over the top, I have (2) systems, one downstairs & the other upstairs. Please don't judge me!
Here are the components of the big rig downstairs:

VPI Classic 3 Turntable
Lyra Kleos Cartridge
Cary Audio CD-303T SACD PRO
Cary Audio PH-302 MK II Phono
Cary Audio SLP-05
Parasound Halo JC 1 Monoblocks
Legacy Audio Focus 20/20 & Legacy Audio Pointe One Subwoofer

Well I am a bit over the top, I have (2) systems, one downstairs & the other upstairs. Please don't judge me!

VPI Classic 3 Turntable
Lyra Kleos Cartridge
Cary Audio SLP-05
That's Awesome! Nice setup!
I considered JC1+ or JC5
Excellent amps!
I went with Bryston 4b3

I bet those legacy audio speakers are awesome!!

That's Awesome! Nice setup!
I considered JC1+ or JC5
Excellent amps!
I went with Bryston 4b3

I bet those legacy audio speakers are awesome!!
A very good friend of mine has the Bryston 4b2 amp, I also used to own a pair of the 7b-st mono blocks, but I came across a great deal on the JC1, so I sold the the Bryston. I also have a pair of Legacy Classics in the upstairs rig with a Parasound Hint-6 & a Rega P3 TT. It's hard to beat the Legacy brand for fit , finish & bass in spades.

VPI Classic 3 Turntable
Lyra Kleos Cartridge
Cary Audio SLP-05
Listening party at Eric’s

Genny is the outdoor oven today. It's cooled off to 104F and the AC is working hard today

20240704_185517.jpg

Brownies for dessert

20240704_193251.jpg

Let's keep the heat outside.

20240704_193746.jpg

Some store bought frozen calimari.
20240704_193909.jpg

They were pretty good.
20240704_194000.jpg

Top sirloin and flat iron steaks

20240704_195026.jpg

Brownies turned out ok. Holding 325 was a piece of, well it's not cake

20240704_201641.jpg

No plated pics of the steaks. They were good.

Genny is the outdoor oven today. It's cooled off to 104F and the AC is working hard today

View attachment 95095

Brownies for dessert

View attachment 95096

Let's keep the heat outside.

View attachment 95097

Some store bought frozen calimari.
View attachment 95098

They were pretty good.
View attachment 95099

Top sirloin and flat iron steaks

View attachment 95100

Brownies turned out ok. Holding 325 was a piece of, well it's not cake

View attachment 95101

No plated pics of the steaks. They were good.
Looks like some really good eats!!👀😋

we did fried chicken & onion rings prepared in the driveway:

53836528960_dcbfcf3c10_c_d.jpg

it was hot today, so Goldie enjoyed hanging out on the garage floor...

53836083546_3f756d8c61_c_d.jpg

...and plated... a lot of work, but so tasty!

53836437419_16f4f7580b_c_d.jpg

..one more dog shot, just because... Hope everyone had a great 4th!

53836528970_9336337c0b_c_d.jpg

Back