Weber 70th Anniversary Kettle for 2022

Wow they’re going to let their retailers in on these!? I’m shocked. I’ve tried to get all my stuff from local retailer (red LE, Glen Blue, Spring Green, etc) and they can’t get them.
Red LE was available at many retailers. When they came out, I got two from Ace, one from a BBQ/patio retailer here in California, and ordered one from Amazon. Also saw them in-person at Lowes.

Red LE was available at many retailers. When they came out, I got two from Ace, one from a BBQ/patio retailer here in California, and ordered one from Amazon. Also saw them in-person at Lowes.
True, I recall it being available at Home Depot and such. Maybe the larger chains got it and some smaller as well. I just remember local one couldn’t.

A better way to celebrate Weber's 70th anniversary would be to rescue a vintage kettle or WSM.

Weber sure seems to enjoy cashing in on blind devotion these days.

A better way to celebrate Weber's 70th anniversary would be to rescue a vintage kettle or WSM.

Oh I don’t know, when I bought my glen blue 26, it was not much more than black and I’m so glad I did.
Maybe a couple years from now the people who buy these will view them as fairly reasonable as well.

Last edited:
Gosh, I wonder why they would try to sell new things instead of saying “hey, go buy an old one and rescue it!”🙄

Opinions are like certain holes, everyone has one. Some just smell worse.

Well, that's one opinion.
I have already "rescued" about 8 vintage kettles. And bought a couple new. And will probably buy a 70th anniversary edition. 🤷‍♀️

As for cashing in on blind devotion, I sure hope the football leagues, etc don't catch on to this idea. :rolleyes: :LOL:

Weber- 02/24/2022
"In light of the loss of life in Ukraine and the uncertainty around recent events in Europe, we will postpone the kickoff of our "70 Years Of Weber Grilling" anniversary celebration, which was planned to start today. We will share an update on the timing in the next couple of days. We appreciate your understanding".

Weber- 02/24/2022
"In light of the loss of life in Ukraine and the uncertainty around recent events in Europe, we will postpone the kickoff of our "70 Years Of Weber Grilling" anniversary celebration, which was planned to start today. We will share an update on the timing in the next couple of days. We appreciate your understanding".
That message only relates to the online kick-off/sweepstakes we were planning on posting on our social media platforms. We're still launching the 70th Anniversary Edition Kettles. Should be around early-May, but the exact launch timing is still tentative. #IworkforWeber

the new weber kettles seem to be much thinner in material than the older kettles.
the new ones seem like toys, cheap toys.
including the new WSMs... i was just at ace hardware and looking at these flimsy grills.
placing the top back on even make them sound cheap.

think i'm keeping my daisy-wheel kettles and my other "vintage" 2006 kettles.

how about celebrating the 70th anniversary with prices from 70 years ago OR even 70 MONTHS ago...?
you know their prices have gone up pretty dang much over the last 5 years.... on ALL they ****.

the new weber kettles seem to be much thinner in material than the older kettles.
including the new WSMs... i was just at ace hardware and looking at these flimsy grills.

This keeps being said, but I have yet to see one objective test where someone weighed and caliper-measured some kettles from older vintages and then compare them to a brand new one. What has been done to date doesn't seem to support the widely held belief that kettles (and I guess now WSMs) are much thinner and cheaper. I don't know, but maybe I can try since I do have a couple daisy wheel 22s and a couple brand new kettles. That will have to wait until after my tax season is over.

What I will say is that some colors now do not have the same silky feel and shiny finish expected from Weber porcelain. I know this from direct observation of a new "Crimson" kettle and a not that old "Slate Blue" one. On the other hand, the "Indigo" one I bought from Ace this past fall has a very nice finish.

I will see what I can contribute on this question next month.

I just picked up a performer and a 26” GB, the 26” is a heavy *** piece of equipment and I certainly did not notice anything off about the crate and barrel performer.
Very happy with both purchases.
#WeberWorksForMe

how about celebrating the 70th anniversary with prices from 70 years ago OR even 70 MONTHS ago...?
you know their prices have gone up pretty dang much over the last 5 years.... on ALL they ****.
When you take inflation into account, most current kettles are less expensive than the kettles from 60 or 70 years ago. For instance, a Texan from 1958 cost $49.95, which would be about $490 in 2022 dollars. An Estate went for $54.95, which would be around $539.

Jim-

This has been put to rest. It’s simply not true, not accurate, an old wives’ tale (or likely more accurately, an old mans tale🤣), total bunk.

Unless you’ve got viable data to back, measurements and weights and such, it remains inaccurate.

Back