Weber 70th Anniversary Kettle for 2022

It will be interesting to see if the re-introduction of a yellow kettle will have any impact on the stratospheric prices people are shelling out for nice examples of the original one. I am sure that many will agree with Timothy that these are nice, but not enough to change the desire for a classic original old kettle that still works and looks decent.
Zero. There are only a few early examples out there, and a new one doesn’t make them any more plentiful. If anything people may become more aware of early yellows

6ba25eb3fbace2a8048562998535ff92.jpg

Note in the above photo that there is no satin black kettle as expected based on earlier leaked material, but there is a white kettle.

No blue either, that looks green to me.
I think that color is Glen Blue like the 26, it appears that Weber has been producing the 22" in Europe already. See link below:

I think that color is Glen Blue like the 26, it appears that Weber has been producing the 22" in Europe already. See link below:

NIce!

Lakeshore Blue. Lighter than Glen Blue

The subject of Weber 70th Anniversary Kettles came up in this thread, but I want it to have a dedicated thread for discussion here.

I have confirmed with two independent sources that for 2022, Weber is introducing four 70th Anniversary Edition kettle grills in satin black pale blue, metallic gray, white, and a yellow that's reminiscent of vintage kettles.

These grills come with retro features like wooden lid/bowl/damper handles, wooden rollers on the lid bale, whitewall wheels, and special 70th anniversary badging. However, one source says the wooden handles are actually wood-grained injection molded plastic, so we'll have to wait for confirmation or denial on that.

Pricing and timing of availability is unknown at this time.

Note from Moderator: On 9/28, I received an email from Tom Fuller, Weber's Global Category Director, Charcoal Grills, requesting that I take down the two images in this post showing 70th anniversary kettle concepts. These restricted, confidential images found their way into a Facebook group post where TVWBB member Kyle in Woodstock spotted them and reposted them. In the spirit of ongoing cooperation and good relations with Weber, I have taken them down per Tom's request.
So, whatever happened with this? Still no new availability info. I guess they meant further into 2022.

I am hoping they offer a 26 inch kettle in something other than black - - anything other than black. That will be my next (and probably last) grill. Can't wait!

I am hoping they offer a 26 inch kettle in something other than black - - anything other than black. That will be my next (and probably last) grill. Can't wait!
I agree with you, Mason Shaar. Has anyone heard any rumors about a 70th anniversary 26 inch model, or will the special editions be limited to the 22 inch version?

I certainly wish that I had been aware of the Glen Blue model when it was available.

The subject of Weber 70th Anniversary Kettles came up in this thread, but I want it to have a dedicated thread for discussion here.

I have confirmed with two independent sources that for 2022, Weber is introducing four 70th Anniversary Edition kettle grills in satin black pale blue, metallic gray, white, and a yellow that's reminiscent of vintage kettles.

These grills come with retro features like wooden lid/bowl/damper handles, wooden rollers on the lid bale, whitewall wheels, and special 70th anniversary badging. However, one source says the wooden handles are actually wood-grained injection molded plastic, so we'll have to wait for confirmation or denial on that.

Pricing and timing of availability is unknown at this time.

Note from Moderator: On 9/28, I received an email from Tom Fuller, Weber's Global Category Director, Charcoal Grills, requesting that I take down the two images in this post showing 70th anniversary kettle concepts. These restricted, confidential images found their way into a Facebook group post where TVWBB member Kyle in Woodstock spotted them and reposted them. In the spirit of ongoing cooperation and good relations with Weber, I have taken them down per Tom's request.
Hi Chris, Just joined thank you. How do I post introduction, requests or questions? Also where can I purchase Weber kettle patches or t-shirts Thanks

View attachment 38054A replica of the OG kettle done right, maybe all stainless with the red base, tricked out like a Summit Charcoal and I would have no choice. That button would be clicked, look at this picture and tell me you can’t see it now.
My dad had one like this when I was little. It mysteriously disappeared when we moved to a new house.

Back