Throwdown #16: Tri-Tip

and the closest one to my house is three hours, ain't gonna happen
sometimes it's as much fun just being a spectator...
"not always fun skippin' rope with the rest of the kids..."

Whoo-hoo! I scored a tri tip at Trader Joes ! Actually, a co-worker friend of mine went to TJs earlier tonight and found one there, and texted me ... she's bringing it into work for me tomorrow ! I'm giving this a shot this weekend, first one ever!! I'd never heard of tri tip before reading around on this forum. Crossing my fingers that I don't mess this up! ;)

Here we are, a week into this throwdown, and it's all talk, no action! C'mon, folks, show me some TRI-TIP! :D
Chris,
Would like to play but, according to the rules if not done on a Weber no chance of winning right? So what is the point of entering if I do a tri-tip on a PBC? I guess some people are scared that their Weber's might get beat. change the rules so everyone gets a fair shot whether it's gas, charcoal, Weber, Egg, or PBC, brink-man or whatever. Give everyone a fair shot to win.
Russ

Chris,
Would like to play but, according to the rules if not done on a Weber no chance of winning right? So what is the point of entering if I do a tri-tip on a PBC? I guess some people are scared that their Weber's might get beat. change the rules so everyone gets a fair shot whether it's gas, charcoal, Weber, Egg, or PBC, brink-man or whatever. Give everyone a fair shot to win.
Russ

There no rules dictating how the food must be cooked.

There no rules dictating how the food must be cooked.
Really J kloeker, read the rules at the start of the throwdown post and read on down the post. Chris says it's almost impossible to win w/o a Weber, Jim Lampe says that no ONE would get a vote with out a Weber. I call this "profiling".
Russ

Really J kloeker, read the rules at the start of the throwdown post and read on down the post. Chris says it's almost impossible to win w/o a Weber, Jim Lampe says that no ONE would get a vote with out a Weber. I call this "profiling".
Russ
Russ, when I typed those words, I MEANT, "I would not expect to get a vote IF i did not use a Weber grill or smoker..."
I am almost certain ANY type of cooker can be use, including an open pit, if that's what you want to use.
And, by the way, this contest is not run by me, who gives a hoot what the heck I say.

Using a Weber in a contest ON a Weber-themed website only seems right. Geeez.:rolleyes:

Russ, when I typed those words, I MEANT, "I would not expect to get a vote IF i did not use a Weber grill or smoker..."
I am almost certain ANY type of cooker can be use, including an open pit, if that's what you want to use.
And, by the way, this contest is not run by me, who gives a hoot what the heck I say.

Using a Weber in a contest ON a Weber-themed website only seems right. Geeez.:rolleyes:
Jim,
Everyone respects your word on this site. And I truly believe after being on here on this site a yr & half the only way to have a chance at winning this contest is to have a WEBER. And that is fine. But if Chris wants more people to play he needs to change the rules where everyone has a fair shot. Maybe just show the meat without who grilled it on what type of grill, and let the people pick the meat that they like the best. Then Chris can post who won and on what type of grill. I personally like competition. I will give this a shot on my 18.5 Weber. Maybe I will have a chance. But, I doubt it cause I talk about green eggs & PBC smokers. But in my world it is all good.
Russ

Russ, with all due respect, i'm only a member here and grilling and smokin just for the fun of it AND to eet once in a while :)
I ain't trying to push buttons or dictate how things should be OR even expect respect... no, I only want to have fun and be fun.
I do not believe it is in the rules that a contestant NEEDS to use a Weber.
I say, use what you like!
If this contest ran longer than the 20th, I'd enter and use a NON-Weber product... but my timing is off.

Chris,
Russ

I don't mind if you cook it on your PBC...:)

Russ, with all due respect, i'm only a member here and grilling and smokin just for the fun of it AND to eet once in a while :)
I ain't trying to push buttons or dictate how things should be OR even expect respect... no, I only want to have fun and be fun.
I do not believe it is in the rules that a contestant NEEDS to use a Weber.
I say, use what you like!
If this contest ran longer than the 20th, I'd enter and use a NON-Weber product... but my timing is off.
Jim,
A non Weber product? I don't believe it. Please do it. I love it to stir the pot and have some fun too.
Russ

Back