This is starting to get out of control

Michael Richards

TVWBB Emerald Member
I was supposed to make lasagna for dinner, but after the away soccer game got cancelled, with more time, I figured I could take my first attempt at black beans and my second attempt at corn tortillas. Also, I really wanted salsa Verde enchiladas. Started with two spun chickens.
IMG_20220612_160337391.jpg

Super busy kitchen and had some great help from my right hand kiddo and bam got the spread.
IMG_20220612_174115590_HDR.jpg

My plate (Salsa Verde Enchiladas may be my very favorite dish)
IMG_20220612_174942953.jpg

My right hand kiddo took a picture of her second plate (the first was even more photo worthy, but she was hungry).
IMG_20220612_175116295.jpg

A shot of the tortillas. Better then the first.
IMG_20220612_180607185.jpg

The beans were really good for a first attempt at dried beans, texture was perfect, but (even though I was worried about over seasoning it) the flavor needs to be turned up.

I promise I cook other food besides Mexican and I promise the next cook I post will be not be Mexican food.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Yes. Yes it is. :ROFLMAO: (J/K)

But it all looks wonderful, and the main thing - you and right hand kiddo are learning together and making memories. That trumps everything. :love:

I love it all, Michael! Keep cooking all the Mexican dishes you want, it will only make your taco truck venture that much more successful! :)

Nice job!

R

And I hope you have a dishwasher.;)
That’s funny you said this for this meal. I hardly ever do clean up, I do the cooking, the family does the clean up. But due to having the kids do a good bit of cleaning though-out the day yesterday I decided I would clean up myself. I worked is stops and spurts, but I got it all claimed up by the end of the night.

Hey, a soccer game was cancelled here, when can you make a delivery!?
Two soccer games canceled in two days, if another soccer game is canceled I am boycotting by not cooking!

On a side note, I look at the location of you guys way to often and wonder what it would be like to show up for each other feast.

The beans were really good for a first attempt at dried beans, texture was perfect, but (even though I was worried about over seasoning it) the flavor needs to be turned up.

I promise I cook other food besides Mexican and I promise the next cook I post will be not be Mexican food.

Thanks for looking!
How did you cook the beans?

I rinse and pick (rock check) the beans. Melt lard (best flavor) the brown 1/2 chopped white onion in the lard. Add beans and water. Cook till 3/4 done (soft, not fully cooked) then add salt. Finish cooking.

You should try making homemade refried beans. The bomb!

How did you cook the beans?

I rinse and pick (rock check) the beans. Melt lard (best flavor) the brown 1/2 chopped white onion in the lard. Add beans and water. Cook till 3/4 done (soft, not fully cooked) then add salt. Finish cooking.

You should try making homemade refried beans. The bomb!
My process was very close to yours. Over night soak and rinse, added half a jalapeño with the onion in the lard. Added 1 1/2 limes juiced after adding the water. Somewhere after the fist hours added salt, Mexican seasoning, cumin, and chipotle chili powder. Around half an hour later added more seasoningsthe last 1/2 of lime I had and some chopped cilantro and let it cook for about another hour, the last half an hour was no lid on the pot. They were really good.
Now take me down the rabbit hole of refried beans!

Back