This is starting to get out of control

My process was very close to yours. Over night soak and rinse, added half a jalapeño with the onion in the lard. Added 1 1/2 limes juiced after adding the water. Somewhere after the fist hours added salt, Mexican seasoning, cumin, and chipotle chili powder. Around half an hour later added more seasoningsthe last 1/2 of lime I had and some chopped cilantro and let it cook for about another hour, the last half an hour was no lid on the pot. They were really good.
Now take me down the rabbit hole of refried beans!
Ok. i keep my beans simple. With all your additions, I know them as cowboy beans.

As to refried beans, these are beyond good. Take cooked beans, mash 2/3 of them in a skillet. Cook over low heat continuing to mash (as needed). Cook till thick and smooth. I add the unmashed beans, lime juice, and a bit of homemade hot sauce. Makes awesome tostadas and burritos.

Ok. i keep my beans simple. With all your additions, I know them as cowboy beans.
That is good to know!
As to refried beans, these are beyond good. Take cooked beans, mash 2/3 of them in a skillet. Cook over low heat continuing to mash (as needed). Cook till thick and smooth. I add the unmashed beans, lime juice, and a bit of homemade hot sauce. Makes awesome tostadas and burritos.
Do you use black beans or another variety?

Back