The Yakitori Challenge

I reach across the pond to nominate Mildo and Wolgast. You guys always have such beautiful cooks -- Let's see some Yakitori!

I accept the Yakitori challenge but i need some time. Thanks Dwain.

Great entries, everyone!!!

I am a little off in this period and I have to buy the necessary ingredients.
I will be definitely cook this fantastic food in the foreseeable time.
My name was mentioned several times, I want to say that it is an honor for me.
Thanks Jim for opening this thread.

Yes, very nice cooking everyone!
What is this Yakitori thread without the masters Jim Lampe And B0B Corell! I nominate you both!
Let me think about this Daniel... Not too keen on soy or the flavours of this dish...
I'll toss it around a bit :p

Wolgast that's another level right there!! Wonderful plate! All the entries are impressive as well!

Wolgast, I'd say you did one fantastic job that looks so yummy I'd like a plate. Keep up the great cooks!!

Last edited:
Super looking chicken cooking folks!!
Truly beautiful food!

Not too keen on soy or the flavours of this dish...
Same here, Jo and I really aren't too big on Asian flavors, period.
Stir fry burn out from back in the '80's maybe??

So........anyone want to take my place? :):):)

Let me think about this Daniel... Not too keen on soy or the flavours of this dish...

http://http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?43045-Yakitori-Grill-by-Weber&highlight=yakitori[/URL]

IMG_3461.JPG

;)

Last edited:

Everybody like meat on a stick. Some Yakitori is just seasoned with kosher salt and thats it, and I know you like salt. I made some with just salt and they were surprisingly good.

Yakitori (焼き鳥, やきとり, ヤキトリ?), grilled chicken, is commonly a Japanese type of skewered chicken. The term "yakitori" can also refer to skewered food in general. Kushiyaki (skewer grilled), is a formal term that encompasses both poultry and non-poultry items, skewered and grilled. Both yakitori and kushiyaki are used interchangeably in Japanese society.

Bob & Jim, I never heard of Yakitori until I joined this forum and I really have no expertise or a whole lot of knowledge about Japanese cooking. But looking at the definition of Yakitori it sure looks wide open to me in what you can use to grill "skewered chicken" and you two have the skills to create something outside the box for sure. I know I would and I'm sure a lot of others would love to see what you guys could create using rubs, marinade, BBQ sauce or whatever.

Once again, late to the party: my dress got caught in the car door :eek:
Great entries all around, starting with Barb right outta the gate.
Tip of the hat to Jim K: great idea!

Last edited:
Great cooks everyone! Thanks for participating!

Bob and Jim: I can appreciate your position on the Yakitori and that is one of the challenges with a challenge such as this. :) There are two things we can get from this sort of thing: 1) we cook (and hopefully enjoy) something out of our comfort zone and/or 2) we modify something we wouldn't normally like to make it the way we would enjoy it (and hopefully inspiring others to try something out of their comfort zone). Obviously, Jim has already demonstrated his Yakitori prowess, thanks to Mildo's detective work. Bob is the master of Italian Yakitori (spiedini). I'd love to see you guys put up some skewered chicken. But if that doesn't happen, it's still groovy cool. :D Maybe we could task you two to start another challenge.

Hi gang. I haven't forgotten my challenge from Barb on the Yakitori. Had it on the docket for last night, but we've got a pretty good fire going close by. Hopefully tonight!

Back