Sometimes, ya gotta YAK!

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
Last time I made yakitori was four months ago.....TOO LONG! I just love making this one.....easy, tasty, and reminds me of the "chicken skewers" I devoured at every local Arts and Wine festival I went to in my 20's! :)

I had four skinless, boneless thighs leftover from my shopping excursion yesterday, and it was just me and kid #3 tonight, so decided to yak it up! Made a baste from soy, mirin, sugar, garlic, and ginger. Cut the thighs into chunks, and gave them just a light drizzle of the basting sauce while the grill was coming to temp. I used the Summit Platinum with three burners set at just under medium. Basted when they went on, then every four minuted baste/turn until done (32 minutes total....)

After a couple turns

1656814151254.jpeg

Getting there....

1656814165387.jpeg

Done!!!

1656814178424.jpeg

Served over some white rice with a splash of soy.....SO GOOD!!!

1656814200531.jpeg

Looks great Rich. Brings back memories of the Yakitori challenge we had here years ago, it's in The Challenge Pit which is just under Just Conversation. I was the last one to post on it on July 25, 2018. Had a lot of fun doing those challenges.
Going to have to cook up some Yakitori after seeing yours.

Looks great Rich. Brings back memories of the Yakitori challenge we had here years ago, it's in The Challenge Pit which is just under Just Conversation. I was the last one to post on it on July 25, 2018. Had a lot of fun doing those challenges.

Those challenges were fun.

Great looking Yak, Rich.

Rich, it sure does, doesn't it?!?! If I recall, Mildo was one of the ring leaders of all the Yakitori cooks that were going on that year, and he put up some mean looking grub! :)

I think I need to do this at least once a month! :)

R

Rich, it sure does, doesn't it?!?! If I recall, Mildo was one of the ring leaders of all the Yakitori cooks that were going on that year, and he put up some mean looking grub! :)

I think I need to do this at least once a month! :)

R
Jim K started the Yakitori challenge on March 17 2015. Barb and John Solak were the first contestants. Yes, and Mildo was one of the main contributors. Hard to believe that was seven years ago.
I asked Barb if she still has her recipe, and she does. Just so happen to have some boneless skinless thighs in the freezer, going to dust off that recipe and make me some yakitori.

Jim K started the Yakitori challenge on March 17 2015. Barb and John Solak were the first contestants. Yes, and Mildo was one of the main contributors. Hard to believe that was seven years ago.
I asked Barb if she still has her recipe, and she does. Just so happen to have some boneless skinless thighs in the freezer, going to dust off that recipe and make me some yakitori.
I think THIS POST from Mildo was the one I was remembering, and there were a bunch of other folks that were cooking up yakitori that summer. I had forgotten that @JimK had started the challenge (thanks, Jim!)

I just took a quick look through some of those challenges, and while many of the participants are still active here, there are a bunch of names that I miss seeing in there, too! A fun trip down memory lane for sure! :)

Glad you are going to make some up, Rich! So easy, and so good! :)

R

Back