Smoke Day/Weekend Banter (chat) Here

Salmon looks fantastic, Dwaine!

I've worked like a dog today, but will smoke st Louie's and grill marinaded veggies for Memorial Day. Y'all all have a good un'.

CLasko,
Your hunk 'o pork is looking super!
and I had some shummer shandys this shafternoon too. (am I schlurring my words?)

Dwain,
Your fish looks outstanding!

Great looking smoke day. I, like a few others, got caught up with my chores. It's been wet and cold here in Michigan and this is the first really great weekend so there is a lot to do. I was going to cook tomorrow, but I'm going to put off the cook until Monday (I'll start an overnight late Sunday night). I'll be making up the rub and getting everything ready tomorrow. I also need (ok, really want) to get a round of golf in tomorrow. Tee off is first group off at 6:50am. My goal was to start the smoker and then go golfing, but I'm so wiped out that I don't have the energy to do the prep work tonight. I guess that's the beauty of a long weekend - a little extra time to make adjustments for the things you need to do and the things you want to do. And yes, those summer shandy's look good. I might have enough energy to tip a few of them today - the official smoke day.

Well right about now I feel like a dufus again. I forgot that today is Smoke Day! I got to mowing and planting and working in
the yard and that was that. But it will be smokey around here tomorrow for sure.

In celebration of my Bday/Smokeday, my parents had us over last night. Here are a few shots:

Dad working the huli-huli:

fdd197d66a9b6545ba3600fb78068b9f_zps449b1273.jpg

A close up of the grill action:

b03bcf5a68d00868d9a531890ddd10f1_zps0774f406.jpg

Sides all ready to go:

44b0aaaa6fd828347e20a8078d3d5ef4_zps2afaece8.jpg

Plated and ready for consumption:

2b4d00719ced938309ad661f38796137_zps49bbc039.jpg

Here's the finish to my cook.
About 10.5 hrs. on the butt.
DSCF1255.JPG

DSCF1256.JPG

DSCF1260.JPG

No sauce needed.
DSCF1264.JPG

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread!

Looking good Gordon!

My single butt hit the stall at 175, finally jumped to 180, then stalled again, but I was not in a hurry.

Jim hope we can see some pics from your smoke day festivities.
me too Matt;)
I did not have a chance to snap any photos, however, someone here did and if/when they're available, I will post at that time.
...and I'm expecting some extraordinary shots.

Happy Smoke Day fellas!!!

Pork butt, ribs, burgers, various sides and adult beverages are on the agenda here in So. Illinois. It's also the fiance's B-day today.

Pork butt will be on the WSM within the hour :)

It was a full day yesterday, with a few firsts along the way.

The Pork butt ended up going on at 6:50 a.m. and was pulled at a little over 12 hours. My WSM was locked in and only required occasional adjusting of the top vent between 50-75% to keep it within in 10 degrees (+/-) of 250 for pretty much the entire cook. This was my first butt cook using a ceramic plate instead of a water pan. We also got a chance to use a set of bear paws (purchased around Christmas time) to pull the pork. They worked great! I think this has to be one of my favorite cooks on the WSM to date.

Lunch consisted of cheeseburgers made on the charcoal Go-Anywhere I picked up used last fall. It was my first cook on this grill.

Got a late start on the ribs. They went on the Meco (I know, I'm still looking for a good older 22.5" kettle) around 4:15 p.m. and were pulled at a little over 6 hours. Ribs were sauced with Saz's original. The first time I have tried it and I definitely recommend it.

Beer consisted of Schell's Firebrick and Leinie's Original.

All in all we had a great Smoke Day 10 :)

I finally got this down to a science. Food was ready when the guests arrived and the day proved to be my most relaxing Smoke Day yet. Between tongs, hot gloves, knives, and serving forks, I didn't have an extra hand to take pictures. I hope to have some food pictures from one of my guests, once he gets his film developed.

I have a friend that lives in Wisconsin that picks me up some "stadium sauce" that they serve at UW games??? I love it.

Mr Lampe keeps me supplied with the sauce.
Actually it's from Miller Park.
If you haven't tried it on a pizza, then do!

Love me some secret stadium sauce. I try to keep a bottle on hand at all times. Here's the wiki on it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_Stadium_Sauce

Definitely will have to try in on a pizza Bob.

I musta missed/skipped over the majority of posts on this thread...
icon_rolleyes.gif

man, it's been a long weekend....

hope I can say that Tuesday morning on the job

Back