Smoke Day/Weekend Banter (chat) Here

Good to know it's finally beer thirty!
I'm as thirsty as a fish out of water.

DSCF1225.JPG

Love me some lenies. I wish they sold the original Leines here in Indiana. It's rare to find it.

Got the spares on over here in my backyard...St. Louis on the top rack, tips on the lower rack...put them on at 2 pm, so I'll check them out at 5 pm and foil them up

Also, used my new Smokey Joe to grill up some cheeseburgers for lunch

It's been since I was a kid that I've had anything cooked over charcoal...definitely didn't know what I was missing...

I bought a 18.5 WSM yesterday and did up some chicken thighs on it last night for supper...they turned out awesome...my wife told me that I have to cook on it more often now that we have it lol

I don't have any pics of the chicken from last night, but I have some pics from today...I don't know how to post them though

No original down here either. I try and stock up on that and Point Special when I get back to Wisconsin.

I have a friend that lives in Wisconsin that picks me up some "stadium sauce" that they serve at UW games??? I love it.

You look more relaxed than tuckered out, Bob!;) Your pork butt and snack are looking good. Pics are fantastic!

Enjoy the rest of your Smoke Day!!:wsm:

Last edited:
I have a friend that lives in Wisconsin that picks me up some "stadium sauce" that they serve at UW games??? I love it.
Mr Lampe keeps me supplied with the sauce.
Actually it's from Miller Park.
If you haven't tried it on a pizza, then do!

You look more relaxed than tuckered out, Bob!;) Your pork butt and Brooke treat are looking good. Pics are fantastic!

Enjoy the rest of your Smoke Day!!:wsm:
Thanks Ed, enjoy yours too!
Wish I could have gotten a pic of my wife trying to take my pic. :rolleyes:

Hey guys. Just getting my stuff set up. Hope the weather holds.

Smoking a back cut brisket overnight (still counts as smoke day if I start it today right?) and will put 2 Racks St. Louis on tomorrow.

Need to take it easy tonight. Grilled tuna steak sandwich (over oak), ginger lime slaw and Red Stripe!

ok let's see if this works...

here's the WSM puffing along...

20140524_134433_zpsxal6y8li.jpg

here's the gauge holding steady at 250...

20140524_145455_zpsgbfah5bh.jpg

here's the spares cut St. Louis and the rib tips covered in rub waiting to go on the WSM...

20140524_134536_zpsvg6ioaxh.jpg

and here's the Smokey Joe sitting filled up with burgers and the pile of sticks off to the side there is for later tonight...we're gonna use that little Smokey Joe as a fire pit and roast some marshmallows and make up some smores with my kids, they're 4 and 6, and my wife...

20140524_134511_zpss0ozvqxb.jpg

here's some spares that I cooked on my modified propane grill slow and low with the same rub and sauce I'm using today...

20140517_210141_zpsv9zwsugb.jpg

I'm having a little bit of a problem with my 18.5 WSM fluctuating some...I'm trying to keep it at 250 and it keeps wanting to fall off to 240 then 225 then it rises back up to 230...it's brand new...this is only the second time I've smoked on it so maybe that has something to do with it...the door seals up pretty good and right now I have the top vent all the way open and one of the lower vents all the way open and one all the way closed and one at half open...don't know if I'm worrying about something that I shouldn't be either...

also, I started it Minion method....any suggestions

Dwain,
Killer looking cook brother!
My butt looks like it's about out of the stall.

Chuck,
You're good if you stay at or above 225. Could be wind/breeze causing the fluctuation.
Might open the closed vent some to see what happens.
Mine started at 250, went to 290 for awhile, is now down to 237 after 7 hrs.
I normally try to run 250 to 275, but I don't worry, even if it hits 325.

Back