Skookies! and a new 4 legged family member

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
The Skookie kit is $32 on Amazon, I bought one on eBay for $9 with shipping.
I thought the little 7" cast iron skillets would be nice for making my egg McBobs, small pizzas, and of course cookies. (SKillet cOOKIEs)

It came with a pouch of cookie mix with a best by date of Nov. 2012
So I trashed it and went with a tube of store bought dough, topped with pecans.

IMGP1364.JPG

IMGP1365.JPG

My hood therm read 300 instead of the 350 called for.
After 10 minutes:

IMGP1368.JPG

Total cook time about 17 minutes:

IMGP1370.JPG

They came with hot handle holders too.

IMGP1374.JPG

Served with Edy's cookie dough ice cream:

IMGP1378.JPG

Good stuff!

Now I'd like introduce you to Bailey, our son and daughter-in-law's chocolate lab puppy.
She's about 9 weeks old and was born on our son and DIL's one year anniversary.
Jo, Brooke, and I haven't met her yet, but hopefully will get to this weekend.

Bailey.jpg

Thanks for the visit!

Bob, love the cookies but you know who gets the WOW she's a cutie for sure.

Last edited:
Couldn't get a set of those Skookie cookers because my talking scale is already saying "one at a time please". But those skookies sure look good.
Bailey sure is a sweetie and just think of the fun your son and DIL are going to have going through the puppy stage, ah remember it well;)

Great idea for personal pizzas Bob. And Bailey, well what a nice way to wake up in the morning, getting puppy licks :D .

welcome to the world of labs...you will have joys of bouncing pup for the next 3yrs and a buddy that will hang out anytime time on those over night throw downs

Thanks everyone!
welcome to the world of labs...you will have joys of bouncing pup for the next 3yrs and a buddy that will hang out anytime time on those over night throw downs
Todd,
Bailey is my son and DIL's new pup, our grandpup. :)
I've been in the world of labs for years.
Black lab Libby lived until she was 14, yellow lab Kelsey made it to 13, and current lab Brooke will be 8 this year.

IMGP4405.JPG

I've never heard (or seen) Skookies. Looks amazing Bob. Excellently done! Congrats to your son on his Lab puppy. I've never had Chocolate Lab, I have had both Black & Yellow. My Black lab was a hunting machine who died in his sleep after flushing and fielding nearly a dozen Pheasants between a half dozen hunters, at 12 years old. My Yellow lab I got when my daughter was just learning to walk. She wasn't the hunter my Black lab was, but she was my daughter's sole mate. She lived 18 years. Lab's are American's dogs. I don't think there's a better breed

Back